𝙸𝚇

Denise's P

Denise's P.o.v:

          My mind couldn't process what was happening. Why were we underwater? Is this even possible? I would take it logical, but there is no logic in all of these. Maybe I got in an accident before arriving home and now I'm in a coma, this whole world and characters being just a figment of my unconscious imagination. That makes more sense than being able to breathe underwater. What's next? Being attacked by an army of Teddy Bears with mermaid tails who carry guns made of waterproof cereal?

Yoongi: Come here! *he stretched his hand out to me and whispered gently* It's okay!
Chanyeol: Hello there, miss Lydia! Can you please explain to us why you brought us here?
Lydia: The Mermaid Queen wants to talk to you!
Chanyeol: I see. Can you send my friends back, please?
Lydia: No. *she turned around and started walking towards a specific direction*
Chanyeol: Alright! *he whispered to us* Come after me and don't look any mermaid guards in the eyes! Their stare can be deadly.

          Yoongi slowly followed Chanyeol and I followed Yoongi, my hand holding his hand tightly. I didn't miss the occasion to hold someone's hand. I needed some mental or physical support and he was the only one who offered it to me. This was quite a plot twist for me. Me holding this man's hand? After all he has put me through? But I had no choice. He seemed to be kind of aware of what was happening, when I didn't even know my own name. Let's say this was a do or die situation. I was afraid that if I let go of his hand something really bad would happen to me.

Yoongi: *he whispered in my ear, making me flinch* Hey! You don't have to be scared. I'm here! *suddenly a tall mermaid man with black scales on his tail started approaching me, but Yoongi placed his free hand on my face and made me look him in the eyes* Hey! Look at me. Imagine that I'm the only one you can see. I know that I'm not the best option, but I'm all you have!

          He was right. Looking at him comforted me a lot, in this situation, but I was still scared. I've never thought that I would wish to hold his hand so badly, but right now it seemed the only way to overcome my stress. And my confuseness. Since I was little I looked up to mermaids and mythical creatures... Now, I wish I had never been told about such monsters before. They are nothing like Ariel, the Little Mermaid. They look like nightmares with their sharp teeth and spikes on their spines. My mind was elsewhere, regretting every single life decision to consider becoming a mermaid when I was 5 years old, while my feet were taking me into the direction Yoongi was walking. Soon we had to stop. I was holding tightly onto Yoongi's arm. Now, if I think about it, if I went any closer to his body, there was a big chance of Yoongi and I becoming a one and only person. No joke. My heartbeat increased as a bunch of mermaid soldiers wearing golden armor took my right arm. I refused to let go of Yoongi so they didn't stress too much about that... at least. They took us to a place which seemed to be located under a coral reef, with a few fish swimming around us. There was a big throne, made of what seemed like human bones to me, but the so called Mermaid Queen wasn't there.