𝚇𝚇

His expression changed when he started to breathe heavily again

His expression changed when he started to breathe heavily again. His hold on my wrist loosened and he dragged me towards the door. My back hit against the wood and I whimpered. He kept his eyes closed, let go of my hand and walked backwards. The heavy breaths didn't stop as he spoke in a strangled voice.

Yoongi: Get out Denise!
Denise: I am not afraid of you. You are afraid of yourself-
Namjoon: Her terror is filling the room. *he spoke harshly, tugging at the chains* Just rip her throat already!

Yoongi shook his head, seemingly trying to control himself and to ignore Namjoon's pressure. I took a step forward, but stopped when Vale spoke from behind the closed door.

Vale: Denise? Is everything okay there?
Denise: Everything is fine! Don't come inside. Go upstairs!
Vale: *she scoffed* Stop saying that. I'm waiting right here.
I was afraid to not put her life in danger. Was Taehyung with her? Could he sense the blood smell?
Denise: Please Vale trust me this once.
Yoongi: *he whispered* Trust...
Vale: Why do you want me to leave so badly?
Denise: "Think quick!" Go and find Aria!
Aria: *her voice resounded from behind the wood that was separating us* I'm right here!
Denise: "Shit." Okay. Trust me and stay right there!
Yoongi: Trust me... *he spoke a bit louder this time, shakily, but louder* You can trust me.
Denise: *I looked at Yoongi* Repeat that!
Yoongi: *he clenched his fists and spoke calmer than I expected* You can trust me.
Vale: Trust him? What the fuck?
Denise: *I ignored her as I walked closer to Yoongi* Good. Open your eyes. Look at me!

He took another deep breath and opened his eyes, the red color slowly fading away. I nodded my head and reached him, raised my unwounded hand and moved away a few strands of hair which fell on his forehead. A sincere smile appeared on his face as my hand slid down his cheek. He indulged in my touch and I noticed in the corner of my eye that Namjoon had a surprised expression plastered on his face. To be honest, I was surprised too. Despite the fact that I believed in him, I questioned myself if he can actually hold back.

Namjoon: *his voice sounded weak, the wound on his back, slowly draining him of energy* How can you- She did something to you. *he spoke through gritted teeth* Vampires can't control themselves. Especially for humans.
Denise: Looks like they can. *I chuckled as I walked towards him* Maybe it's a new feature. You should try updating your software, Namjoon! *I pouted jokingly and crouched near him*
Namjoon: *he looked at Yoongi, disbelief playing in his eyes* She is both a witch and a hunter?
Yoongi: She is not a hunter. I'm not sure about the witch thing...
Denise: I'm human. I've always been. *I grabbed the stick that was implanted in Namjoon's back and pulled it out as harshly as I could, gaining a scream from him* He should heal now.
Yoongi: Was that wood? *he asked surprised*
Denise: *I hit Namjoon's cheek with the back of my hand* I always like to take my revenge. *I stood up and looked at Yoongi briefly* Can you take care of him? I should probably have a bath.
Yoongi: Sure.

I let out a deep exhale as I closed the door behind me. The place where I made the cut was pulsating and most probably I should bandage it once I get to my room. I should have a shower. Or a bath. And then go to sleep.
Aria and Vale looked at me with worried expressions. I glanced at them quickly as I turned to walk down the hall. I didn't want them to notice the paleness of my face. I acted brave, but actually I was terrified. Not by him. Not at all... I was anxious about the situation. I was standing on a thin line and my balance is off whenever I have to deal with stress. And the things that happened recently have shaken me. I need a break.