𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

We walked all the way to the temple, careful not to fall in the numerous ravines which flanked the path on both sides

          We walked all the way to the temple, careful not to fall in the numerous ravines which flanked the path on both sides. My eyes didn't leave the temple's astonishing architecture as we approached it in a hurry. We didn't have time to lose.

Denise: It's breathtaking.
Aria: It seems so authentic. It scares me.
Denise: We don't have to be afraid. We are not allowed to.
Vale: Who doesn't allow us to feel fear?
Denise: Me.

          As we reached the stairs, we nodded towards each other and held our chin up while we stepped on every single stair more and more confident. All the abduction craziness and the time spent in this world led to this. It seemed unbelievable. Even for us. It seemed like all of this has been a dream all along. But does there exist a dream which can be so complex? Can a person imagine so many people and possible sceneries in their own head while being partially unconscious? I can't make up such a great story not even when I'm perfectly awake. I'm not a fantasy writer. So... What's the explanation of all of these strange events?
          A sparkle of light caught my attention and the magic in my veins started pulsating slowly, announcing the presence of another magic controller. A warlock, to be more specific.

Vale: *I smiled* Magnus!
Magnus: You made it. Great job girls!
Denise: *she sighed as she stepped on the last stair* Thank you!
Magnus: *he nodded* I knew that you were going to arrive here any minute. To be honest, I would stop time for you to catch a wink of sleep. I know that the Hollow Forest trip and the portal transition can be super tiring. *he looked behind him as if there could be someone eavesdropping and whispered* I'm sorry girls, the rules to this game are the strangest and the most stupid ones I've ever heard. *frustration creeped in his voice* It makes no sense. *he cleared his throat and talked loudly again* But I can't do that. *we nodded and he clicked his fingers, a floating image of an old man with long, white beard appearing in front of us* You have to find Amonar Drexetor, the greatest wizard of this realm, and get the key.
Vale: What realm is this?
Magnus: *the corner of his mouth twitched and he laughed nervously, visibly pressured by something... or someone* A realm in which you don't ask questions. *his expression became rigid* As I was saying, Drexetor has a key. *he pointed towards the arch shaped wooden door* The key opens this door. It's as plain as a pikestaff that the key is needed to open this door. You find this Oak tree, *the old man in the floating image was replaced by a picture which was showing a tall oak tree with a door in its trunk* you find the wizard.
Aria: How do we get there?
Magnus: It's your problem.

          His tone sounded strictly unpassionate and uninterested. It was so not like Magnus. I wasn't the only one who noticed. Denise and Aria looked at each other with a worried expression. When Magnus cleared his throat and started talking again we noticed that the image inside the floating bubble changed. The oak tree was replaced by letters. 'I will guide you there. She is watching.'

Magnus: Once you get the key, you come back to the temple and the real *he spoke reluctantly* terror begins.
Vale: *I gulped* Right. We should go.

          Magnus pointed towards the forest to his right and our gazes followed his hand. The widespread foliage colored in thousands of bright colors met our sight and my heartbeat slowed down once again. The calmness that emanated from that forest felt so much more better than the eerie sensation that was crawling among the gloom of the Hollow Forest. We didn't say anything more and matched our steps to the rhythm of an accelerated pace which drummed on the temple's ground. I looked back and Magnus wasn't looking at us. He was looking towards the tall dome, seemingly searching for someone's presence. I was sure that he could create a portal and transport himself inside the dome. So why stay outside and wait in front of the door like a dog? However, Magnus wasn't Magnus a while ago. And that she whom he was warning us about... Why didn't she let him guide us and he has to do it secretly? Why was he whispering cautiously so that she didn't hear? And most importantly... Who was she?
          I didn't know what name this forest had, but in contrast with the Hollow Forest, the brightly colored foliage looked like a fairytale come true. The thorny, black branches were replaced by roundly gnarled white and brown branches which hung above our heads. It was amazing and I couldn't stop widening my eyes. Denise was more careful and conservative. Aria as well. I should have been too. I almost failed to see the Oak tree. Magnus left us small hints on where we should go and we were forever thankful. The hints led us right in front of the tree which was extremely time saving. We were sitting on the pavement which led to the tall tree and pondered on how we should proceed. Should we knock? Should we invite ourselves in? Aria shrugged and stepped forward, following the small ball of light which guided us for the past few minutes. The piece of pavement she stepped on, creaked and the bark of the tree opened up, revealing a set of stairs which led upwards. A yellow light crawled down the stairs and it seemed like it was time to face the wizard.