𝙸

Denise's P

Denise's P.o.v:

          Friday night, friends, slumber party... it sounds like the best way to live your life.

Aria: Come on, Denise!
Denise: I'm coming!

          I ran down the stairs carefully, watching every step in order not to fall. It wouldn't be the first time though. I have a pretty tough relationship with the stairs. I fell on the stairs in almost every building I set foot in. The mall, my workplace, the first time I visited my ex boyfriend's parents. I even managed to make a fool of myself at one of my friends' wedding when I stepped on a cupcake dropped on the floor by a kid and slipped, then rolled down the stairs as if I was Cinderella who accidentally stepped on Snow White's poisoned apple. And guess what? The photographer managed to take a picture of my embarrassing moment. My friend has the picture printed and framed somewhere in her house and laughs every time she sees it. Delightful!
          However, moving back to our girls night, I had to bring blankets and pillows from upstairs, Aria was searching for a movie and Vale was preparing the snacks. Within minutes all of us had our pink pyjamas with unicorns on. Aria and Vale had matchy onesies, their hoods equipped with a pair of unicorn ears, and a horn made of a glittery material, while I put on the most recent pyjama I bought. Made up of two pieces, a crop top and a pair of long pants, it fit perfectly on my body. And it was also on theme, the illustration printed centrally showing a white cartooned unicorn, sipping rainbow from a glass through a straw and wearing sunglasses. We were ready to watch a romantic comedy. We usually enjoy watching horror movies, but this time we decided to pick a romantic comedy... about one of mine and Vale's favorite myths: vampires. The movie started and we covered ourselves in blankets, sinking into the coziness of the fluffy pillows, happy at the thought that it was weekend. We were passing the box filled to the brim with popcorn to one another as if it was a ping pong ball. Completely absorbed by the mysterious immortal creatures and immersed in the riveting plot, all three of us flinched when someone suddenly knocked at our front door.

Vale: *she frowned her eyebrows* Who would it be? I mean, it's kind of late.
Aria: Yeah... It's like almost midnight.

          The knocking became more and more aggressive as we looked at each other not really understanding the situation. I wanted to suggest we do not open the door. Whoever it was would come back tomorrow, but judging by the intensity and despair hidden behind the fists that were banging in our door, the person must be either in danger or too drunk to realize that this isn't even their house.

Aria: Denise, go and open the door!
Denise: *I raised my eyebrows* What? No!
Vale: Oh my God! Cowards. *she rolled her eyes* I'm going to open that damn door myself!

         Vale stood up from the couch and casually walked towards the front door. Aria and I nodded at each other and followed her closely. The sound of the keys turning in the lock filled the space as Aria and I hid behind the wall that separated the hall from the living room. We listened closely, searching for a clue about the midnight stranger.