𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚇

I banged my heels on the broken marble floor furiously

          I banged my heels on the broken marble floor furiously. She likes to command people and treat them as slaves. If only I- "Calm down Evanora. You have to take it." This thought lingered in my head while I clicked my fingers and changed my clothes. The wound on my cheek disappeared, but my anger grew stronger. I stopped in front of the huge window and looked downwards. From up here, in the highest dome, people looked almost like ants, but I noticed four well-known faces caressed by the sunlight. Aria, Denise, Vale and the humble, good, old Magnus Bane. They looked excited, the girls I mean, and it made me want to throw up. Magnus enveloped Drexetor's key in a thin layer of magic and passed it to the archer. They smiled and thanked him and as they proceeded to insert the key, Magnus's gaze arose, meeting my fierce and rebellious one.

Evanora: *I smirked and kept an intense stare* You're playing a dangerous game, old man. And she will win. No matter what. She always wins.

Vale's P.o.v:

          Magnus told us that it would be better and more polite to announce our arrival before opening the door. And I also thought that we should do that. I knocked on the door three times and waited for a response. Magnus poured magic on the key and handed it to Denise.

Magnus: You have to be extremely careful and you need to be aware of my incapability to help you inside this temple.
Vale: You've already helped us more than enough. We would have ended up dead without you.

          Magnus blinked away a few tears while he looked away and I wanted to believe that they were out of pure happiness. But I didn't believe that. I was sure that something was burdening him. I stretched my hand and wanted to grab his arm, drag him to the side and ask if everything was alright, but he was looking upwards. I followed his gaze and caught a glimpse of a beautiful young woman. She had blonde hair but disappeared almost immediately, her mischievous smirk remaining impregnated in the air and leaving an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Could it be possible that she was the one who was controlling this game? She didn't look evil at all. I imagined her as an old hag with white hair, a crooked nose and a crow on her shoulder. However, appearances are deceitful.

Aria: Let's do this!

          She sounded excited, but I couldn't say the same about what I was feeling. I felt unnerved and my stomach protested aggressively, threatening to make me throw up. But I swallowed the pain that slipped its arms around my waist. Something was completely wrong and I could feel it. Magnus was agitated too. His magic was pulsating in stormy waves, announcing an upcoming mental breakdown and I felt helpless. If Magnus didn't know what to do... How were we supposed to get through this?

Denise: We can do this... *she stretched her arm and urged us to grip the key too*... together.

          I smiled reluctantly and put my hand on the key. I knew very well that we could do it. We've always been a great team, but I wasn't really sure if we could actually make it. My gaze arose naturally, guiding my stare to the great sun. I let its rays caress my cheeks and felt relieved for a second. Denise's firm voice woke me up to the cruel reality and I prepared myself mentally for what was yet to come.