𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚅

Yoongi's P

Yoongi's P.o.v:

          I had to leave before sunrise. I agreed to meet with an old friend in the nearby village to pay my debt, but came back, seemingly, right on time. The sun was slowly rising upon the horizon and I knew that she might be awake by the time I arrived back at the mansion. I followed her scent and found her in her room. Her unmistakable fragrance filled the room and joy swept over me as I turned around to look at her. Instead of the wooden canopy bed, a light green couch was placed near the wall. Denise was sitting on it and smiling towards me. Her peachy-colored skin caressed by the soft rays of morning sunlight left me speechless and something told me to do everything in my power to keep her safe.
          She was wearing an ankle-long pastel blue dress, which matched with the light green of the couch in a relaxing manner. She chuckled and I realized that she was knitting, a big ball of bright red yarn rotating near her bare feet as she knotted numerous loops of yarn. I screwed up my eyes and recognized a pair of baby shoes that formed between the tips of the needles she was using. She finished immediately, holding the red knitted baby shoes in her hands and got up while smiling proudly.

Denise: Look! They are so cute. Our daughter will love them.

          She laughed again, but this time a deafening echo of her laugh circled around me. Our daughter? What was she talking about? A slight headache gripped my head as her laugh kept resounding between the four walls, becoming more and more unbearable. The loud, almost crazy sounds soon became soft crying which gradually transformed into sorrowful screams. My veins started burning underneath my skin and I noticed red trails appearing on my arms, burn marks forming from the inside. I gritted my teeth and looked at Denise who didn't stop screaming. The knitted baby shoes stretched and transformed into a bright red scarf which wrapped around her eyes, blindfolding her. For a brief moment, darkness devoured us, her screams muffled by something that sounded more familiar. Fucking fire. In the dizzying atmosphere, I felt lost and genuinely scared. The darkness disappeared, being replaced by a blinding light. My eyes adjusted within seconds and, as they did so, I felt my heart dropping to the floor. Denise was standing in the middle of the room, holding a bunch of papers set ablaze. A few more papers were scattered across the floor, the long red scarf falling down her hips and circling around her.

 A few more papers were scattered across the floor, the long red scarf falling down her hips and circling around her