I Got You Babe - Ari Levinson

**1979**

"What do you mean you don't know how long you'll be gone?!" I ask my fiancé Ari Levinson as we sit in our apartment and he is going over paperwork and travel plans for his trip to Ethiopia, with his bags packed by the door.

"I have to do this Val, I have to save these people, they deserve a life and freedom." Ari said and I groaned. I got up from the couch.

"And what about us Ari, don't we deserve a life?" I asked and Ari sighed. He got up from the couch and walked over to where I was pacing and stood in front of me.

"Of course we do and once I get back we can have that life." Ari said and groaned.

"God damnit Ari! I don't want to wait that long! You don't even know how long this can take. Could be weeks, months, years! You want me to wait for you that long?" I asked and he sighed.

"I would love for you wait for me Val, you are all I want." Ari said. I sighed and placed my arms around his neck and he leaned his forehead against mine and his arms went around my waist.

"I just feel like I have to do this Val." Ari said.

"Aren't their other people to help them, that can go?" I asked and Ari pulled his forehead from mine and I sighed.

"I know that was selfish but damnit Ari I think I'm allowed to be." I said and Ari just nodded.

"I love Val and I will come back. You know I am always safe on these trips. We just have to go through this at this resort since it's in the Sudan and near the water." Ari said.
"Then let me go with you. It will look better if you show up with a spouse better than alone." I said and he released my hold.

"You already have someone going with you to pose as your spouse...." I trailed off as tears filled my eyes.

"I have to go with the best, it's not about who I want. I need everyone a part of this to know what could happen. I just want you here, home and safe." Ari said and I groaned.

"Home, safe, waiting for you forever." I said and Ari sighed and I walked away from him to the bedroom. I slammed the bedroom door and Ari just stood in the living room. I laid on the bed and just looked at the ceiling. He was leaving me here for an undisclosed amount of time and he didn't even seem to see my concerns. I had so many concerns mostly his life. He could easily get killed on this mission and I could possibly never know. I was being left alone to wait for him....wait for him....he wanted me to wait and I knew I would but I didn't know how long it would be and I couldn't wait the rest of my life. After about 20 minutes the bedroom door opened and I looked up see Ari standing there leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey, come with me." Ari said and I sat up from the bed and he my hand leading me to the living room. I noticed he moved the coffee table and the whole living room floor was now a big open space.

"Ari?" I asked and he smiled at me as he went to record player and started playing a song. I laughed.

"It's our song. Dance with me?" Ari asked and I nodded. He took my one hand and I placed my other on his shoulder and he had his hand on my lower back.

Cher: They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow

Sonny: Well I don't know if all that's true

Cause you got me, and baby I got you, babe

Both: I got you babe I got you babe

Cher: They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent

Sonny: I guess that's so, we don't have a plot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got, babe

Both: I got you babe I got you babe

Sonny: I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring

Cher: And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
So let them say your hair's too long
Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong

Sonny: Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb, babe

Both: I got you babe I got you babe

Sonny: I got you to hold my hand

Cher: I got you to understand

Sonny: I got you to walk with me

Cher: I got you to talk with me

Sonny: I got you to kiss goodnight

Cher: I got you to hold me tight

Sonny: I got you, I won't let go

Cher: I got you to love me so

Both: I got you babe

Once we were done dancing and singing to each other Ari leaned down and passionately kissed me.

"I love you Val, forever." Ari said once we broke apart and I sighed.

"I love you Ari, for always." I said and he sighed as there was a knock on the door. I knew it was someone picking him up to go.

"Wait for me?" Ari said.

"Forever babe." I said and he smiled as walked out the door.