You Got Me - Frank Adler

I was sitting on the couch in the house going through the wedding checklist when there was a knock on the door

I was sitting on the couch in the house going through the wedding checklist when there was a knock on the door. I sighed and got up. I opened it and Diane was standing there with a crying Mary, she looked at me desperately.

"Hey, come on in and give me Mary." I said as Diane handed me her 6-month-old daughter. Diane was my fiancé Frank's older sister.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked and she sighed.

"Mom...again. I'm just so stressed and she just keeps pushing me and I don't know what more to do. I just need some time away from mom and Mary, just like a weekend." Diane said. I smiled at her and walked over to my purse.

"Here, your mom has no clue where my apartment was. Go there since I stay here with Frank more it's sitting empty. Go, enjoy the weekend by yourself and we will be here for you when you are relaxed." I said and Diane said.

"Oh Lo, you are the best. Thank you so much! Frank better realize how lucky he is to have you." Diane said and I laughed.

"Oh trust me I am." Frank said from the now open front door and I smiled at him. He walked over and gave me a small kiss then kissed the top of a now sleeping Mary's head. He looked at Diane.

"I have a long weekend so you can come get Mary on Tuesday." Frank said and Diane hugged her younger brother.

"I love you guys so much and thanks for the place." Diane said as Frank handed her some money for groceries as he walked her out. He came back in and leaned on the wall by the door and just looked at me.

"Paloma Myers, you look amazing holding a baby." Frank said and I rolled my eyes.

"Well Frank Adler, help me with wedding planning and we can have a baby of our own." I said getting up and going to put Mary in her crib we had in a spare room in our house. Frank came up behind me and placed his hands on either side of me on the crib railing me, caging me, back to his front. He moved my hair off to the side and started kissing my neck causing me to moan.

"You still want to wait?" Frank asked and I bumped him with my butt to his groin area hard and he grunted.

"Yep." I said walking out of the nursery. Frank followed me and scooped me up in the hallway as I squealed and he carried me to our bedroom. He kicked the door closed and tossed me on the bed.

"I can make you change your mind." Frank said hovering over me as I giggled and he passionately kissed me.

💚💚💚💚💚

Tuesday evening Frank and I were sitting on the couch with Mary.

"You heard from Diane at all?" Frank asked.

"No, she never said when she would be here but I don't mind Miss Mary being here." I said tickling her and she laughed. There was a knock on the door and Frank got up.

"Diane, about time...-" Frank was saying then stopped midsentence. I looked at him confused.

"Lo, take Mary to her room." Frank said and I put her in the playpen instead.

"Can we help you officers?" I asked.

"Are you Frank Adler?" The officer asked and he nodded as I stood beside him and took his hand.

"We are sorry to inform you of this Mr. Adler but tonight about an hour ago your sister was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver and she unfortunately didn't make it." The officer said and I felt Frank's knees give out since he leaned into me and instantly Mary started crying.

"Damnit it Paloma I said take her to her room!" Frank yelled and I jumped a little but when and grabbed Mary who was knowing screaming and crying. Once I got to Mary's room I sat in the rocking chair and started crying with her, Diane was gone.

💚💚💚💚💚

Frank came in a little while later and I was still rocking Mary.

"I go to put her down and she starts again..." I said and Frank didn't say anything.

"I called my mother. She wants Mary." Frank said and I shook my head.

"She will have to pry her from my cold dead hands." I said and Frank gave a small smile.

"Exactly what I told her." Frank said and I nodded. He walked over to me and crouched beside me.

"Sorry I yelled at you my love." Frank said and I looked at him and he leaned up giving me a small kiss.

"What do we do now Frank?" I asked as tears formed in my eyes looking at Mary.

"She is ours now, I will do what I can to make her ours." Frank said and I nodded.

💚💚💚💚💚

A week later after the funeral we got home and I put Mary in her playpen and Frank just watched me with her.

"You know, you have an out if you want it." Frank said and I just looked at him.

"'Excuse me?" I asked.

"You didn't sign on for this. A kid with me, my niece...this isn't the life you wanted. You can have an out now. Go out and find someone who's life is going to be less complicated." Frank said and I groaned and crouch in front of him on the couch and he just looked at me.

"Frank Adler, I need you to listen to me. Sometimes no matter how hard you try this life's gonna be unfair sometimes. I see you looking at me like you wanna know why baby, you got me. I don't know why the wind that blows ain't ever at our back or that the road that we're rollin on ain't ever flat, it turns and it twists don't know what the answer is, but you got me. When the pieces don't fall together, when you wish your best was better, baby you got me. Right here by your side hanging on for the ride. When your dreams don't dream and the songs don't sing and the grass ain't green and the ends don't meet and the prayers you're sending up don't seem to reach, you got me. Those days when your faith ain't pulling you through, I'll be right there believing enough for two. When you don't give a damn cause you think that you can't get the mountain to move I'll be saying we can, I'll be taking your hand, and I'll never let go. You got me." I said to him and he looked at me with a small smile.

"I love you Paloma." Frank said and passionately kissed me.

"I'm not going anywhere Frank. You and Mary are all I want." I said.

"You got us." Frank said and I smiled.