The Bet - Steve Rogers

I followed my sister down the stairs to the main area where the party was being held.

"I don't know why I couldn't just stay in my room and read tonight Pepper, Tony doesn't want me here. I mean I'm just the little sister of his girlfriend." I said as we walked down the stairs.

"Ember, you need to get out. Nat will be there and a couple other people who have been asking about you." Pepper said and I groaned.

"Are you going to stay by my side?" I asked and she sighed.

"I will walk you to the bar, after that I have to mingle." Pepper said as I groaned as we walked through the party and she found Tony standing there with Rhodey and Thor.

"There you are." Tony said as Pepper went up and kissed him.

"Sorry I had issues with someone." Pepper said and looked at me. Rhodey looked at me and smiled

"Well the compound must be on fire if Ember is out of her room." Rhodey said and I nudged him.

"Shut up." I said and he smiled. I saw Nat standing behind the bar, I looked at her and smiled. I walked up to her.

"What can I make ya gorgeous?" Nat asked, I smiled and shook my head.

"Something strong." I said and she mixed a pink drink and handed me one.

"You look hot." Nat said and I looked down at my dressed that clung to my body. It was beige underlay with a black lace overlay that went longer than the beige underlay.

 It was beige underlay with a black lace overlay that went longer than the beige underlay

"Yeah well I would rather be in my sweats and reading." I said and Nat shook her head.

"Well I know someone who is happy you aren't." Nat said and went to walk away.

"Nat..." I said and I turned to look and saw Steve walk up and reach behind the bar for beer.

"That going to be strong enough for you captain?" I asked and he looked up at me and smiled.

"I don't know Em, what are you having?" Steve asked walking over to me seeing the pink drink

"Something Nat made so I know I should be nervous." I said and he laughed and then looked down at my dress.