Happy New Year - Ari Levinson

"Come on Tate it's a party, enjoy yourself

"Come on Tate it's a party, enjoy yourself." My friend Abby said as we were standing in a banquet hall that friends of ours rented out for New Year's Eve. There was a huge screen showing the Times Square ball drop and everyone was just dancing to the music the DJ played, drinking and mingling.

"Yeah because being alone at midnight and no one to ring in the new year with is exactly what I want to do." I said and Abby groaned.

"Is this about needing someone to kiss at midnight, I'll kiss you if it is." Abby's boyfriend Colin said and smiled at him as he and Abby laughed.

"No Abby can keep your lips to herself." I said and we all laughed.

"So let me ask you, if he was here right now would you kiss him at midnight knowing the hurt it might cause?" Abby asked and I groaned.

"Yes, I would. Ari Levinson may have caused me a lot of hurt in our relationship but no matter what, I love him." I said and Abby sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"Can I just go home please? You dragged me here." I said. Abby looked at the big clock in the room.

"Can you at least make it to midnight so I know your aren't alone?" Abby asked and I looked at the clock seeing it was 11:15.

"Fine..." I groaned. "I'm going to get a drink." I said and walked to the bar. I spent most of the next half hour at the bar babying a whiskey. I didn't want to get drunk and make a stupid decision. As I was sitting there I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out.

ARI: Happy New Year.

TATUM: Same to you.

I wanted to tell him to come join me, come be with me. We broke up because I was jealous of his work life, the beautiful blonde he worked closely with made me insecure. I didn't get anything back from him and just put my phone back in pocket and placed my head in my hands.

I looked up at the clock and realized it was only 5 minutes until midnight and people were starting to pair off with their someone. I looked up and saw Abby and Colin motioning for me to come join them. I sighed and got up from my seat and walked to them.

"He text me Happy New Year." I said and approaching them and Abby sighed hugging me.

"Listen, he didn't try and fight for you guys. You told him your issues and he didn't try to fight for it. You know it's not what you need. This needs to be New Year, New You. Ari is in the past." Abby said and nodded

"Yeah...New Year, New Me." I said repeating.

I watched the minutes tick by slowly, soon it was the one minute mark and my eyes filled up tears. I was looking around the room at all the happy couples.

"10, 9...." I heard people start counting down and I saw the door to the hall open and I saw him. His eyes connected with mine.

"8, 7, 6..."

He was pushing through the crowd to get to me. My feet were frozen in the spot I was in and I couldn't move to him. I wasn't sure why, obviously I needed him to just come to me.

"5, 4, 3, 2..."

He pushed through the last of the people and ran up to me.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone around the room yelled and then kissed their dates. Before I knew what was happening Ari's lips were attached my mine and I moaned wrapping my arms around his neck as he pulled me against him.

Once we broke apart I just looked at Ari and he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Happy New Year Tatum." Ari said and I smiled.

"Happy New Year Ari." I said and he passionately kissed me again. As we kissed he fiddled with something. We broke apart and I saw him holding a diamond ring.

"Marry me Tatum, please?" Ari asked and I smiled and nodded and he placed the ring on my finger. Abby and Colin walked and I saw her the ring.

"New Year, New You huh?" Abby asked as we hugged.

"Yeah I will be Tatum Levinson now." I said with a laugh.