Like I'm Gonna Lose You - Pt. 2 Sober - Steve Rogers

The way back to the apartment was silent between Steve and I

The way back to the apartment was silent between Steve and I. I could tell something was weighing on his mind with how he was acting. Once we got back to the apartment we sat down, and he just pulled me into his arms and broke down.

"Steve...?" I asked concerned as he cried.

"We lost everyone..." Steve said and I looked at him confused as he looked up at me.

"What?"

"Bucky, T'Challa, Wanda and Sam are all gone. Tony, Peter and Dr. Strange are M.I.A most likely gone. All that's left are Me, Nat, Thor, Rhodey and Bruce. Everyone's gone Hollis." Steve explained. My eyes filled with tears.

"Steve, where have you been? I thought you were gone." I said and he shook his head.

"I know, I'm sorry. I promise I was trying to work my way back, but Wakanda needed help and my fear was you were gone too. I couldn't take losing you too." Steve said placing a hand on my cheek and using his thumb to wipe away from tears that were falling.

"Steve, I thought you were gone. You made me deal with that all on my own. I'm sorry you lost people, but I lost everyone. I only have Emma left, my family is gone Steve...mom, dad, my brother Brody...all of them." I said and he sighed.

"I'm sorry Hollis, can you please forgive me? I can't lose you too." Steve said and I nodded.

"I love you Steve, I never stopped." I said and he gave a small smile. Steve pulled me close to him, we relaxed on my couch and my head on his chest. We fell into a comfortable silence, a few stary tears falling from both of us for the ones we lost and being back in each other's arms.

"Do you want to know where I went before the coffee shop?" Steve asked and I looked up at him from where my head was resting on his chest.

"Where?" I asked.

"The church we planned to get married in. I thought you would be there in hopes I would come back." Steve said and I sighed.

"Yeah, I didn't want to be near the church today." I said and he sighed.

"I don't know how many more times I can apologize Hollis. I was stubborn with not coming back. Wakanda needed me and I was trying to find everyone who was missing after that snap, like Tony and Peter." Steve explained and I nodded.

"I know I should be mad Steve but I don't know if I have it in me right now. I have you back home and thats all I prayed for." I said and Steve sighed holding me tighter.

"Hollis, before I left...I told you no matter what the outcome of this, I mean my death being the only thing to keep me from you, I planned on marrying you. I want to still get married Hollis and I need to know if that's something you still want?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"I have never wanted anything more Steve." I said and he looked down at me.

"Let's go now, I know it's fast, may seem like a rash decision but today was out wedding day and I just need to know I have you and I love you." Steve said and I looked at him in shock but then nodded. We got up from the couch.