Dropped Call - Chris Evans

"Okay, dad listen, I am running late for work because of the damn storage facility locking me out for not reason. Can I call you later?" I asked walking down a busy sidewalk in Boston in my business suit and 4-inch heels.

"Yeah you going to be okay?" Harry, my father asked and I groaned.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I have to go." I said struggling to carry my stuff and talk on the phone. I wouldn't have answered but since I had ignored his last 3 calls I didn't find it wise and ignore another.

"Call me later. Love you." Harry said and hung up. As I rounded the corner I bumped into someone dropping everything I was carrying.

"Fuck! This is not my morning." I grumbled and crouched down to start picking up my stuff.

"I'm really sorry about this." The guy said and I didn't even look up and he crouched down and helped me picked up my stuff.

"It's my fault really I was rushing." I said. I got a better grip on everything and stood up rushing past him.

"Thank you!" I yelled over my shoulder and kept walking to work. Once I walked in I walked to my co-worker, Tara's office and tossed files down on her desk.

"The files you wanted for those houses. Front desk gave them to me to give to you." I said and she smiled.

"And don't bitch at me about the time." I said going to leave her office. I walked to my office next to hers. She walked in following me.

"I wasn't going to, the storage facility called me to verify you worked here before they let you in." Tara said and I groaned.

"They know me there! It's my storage facility for furniture for staging! What they hell?!" I asked and she sighed.

"New management." Tara said and I groaned.

"And to make matters worse I bump into this guy in the street and now everything out of order of the houses I have to stage so I need to go through and try to figure it all out." I explained and she tried to stifle her laugh.

"Tara! It's not funny!" I said annoyed.

"It is in a way." Tara said and I just groaned.

"Whatever." I said.

"Why are you so flustered?" Tara asked.

"I woke up late, my hot water was out this morning and then the fiasco at the storage unit." I said and Tara sighed.

"You know you could have called me taken the day off, if you needed it." Tara said and I groaned.

"Yeah, yeah." I said rolling my eyes sitting at my desk going starting to go through the files and organizing everything back the way it needed to be.

"Lunch today?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, pick the place and come get me when you are ready." I said and she nodded walking out of my office.

📱 📱 📱 📱 📱

I got home that night and knew I needed to start looking up my notes on the houses I would be staging over the next couple of days. I grabbed my phone from my purse that I hadn't been on all day since before the incident this morning and had to make sure it was okay. It didn't look like there was any damage. I turned on the screen and noticed it wasn't my lock screen or background.

"What the fuck?" I asked out loud and started looking through the contacts and no one looked familiar and my number wasn't even in the phone so it wasn't someone I knew and maybe switched phones with.

"Shit...the guy from earlier." I said and called my own number from his phone. It only rang twice and he answered.

"So you have my phone." He said with a small laugh.