Brotherly Love - Andy Barber/Lloyd Hansen

"Andy there is no need to be nervous. It's just our engagement party." I said before we could walk into his mom Martha's house.

"Listen, I know Cliff called my stepbrother and told him about this party just promise me if he shows up you stay by my side." Andy said and I just looked at him as we sat in the car.

"Yeah because that's not ominous or suspicious at all." I said. Andy looked at me and placed a hand on my cheek.

"Trin, please...." Andy said and I sighed.

"Geez Andy calm down. Fine if he is here I will stay by your side." I said and he sighed, gave me a small kiss. We got out of the car and headed into his mom and stepdads house.

"There you two are!" Martha said and hugged both Andy and I.

"I mean late to your own party." Cliff, Andy's stepdad said and I felt Andy tense. Andy never got along with Cliff.

"We weren't late, it's our party, everyone was just early." I said defusing the tension. Everyone gave a small laugh. We walked into the party, soon Andy and I were separated into groups. I kept looking around the room and keeping my eyes on him constantly. I was talking to a group and my family along with Andy's when I walked away to the kitchen to get a drink. I saw all the champagne and groaned...I needed something stronger. As I was looking through the cabinets a glass with an amber colored liquid was slid across the counter.

"You look like you could use this kitten." I smiled and picked up the glass. I looked up and was met with someone who I had never seen before.

"Thank you. You have no idea." I said and I took a drink.

"Well that rock on your hand can only mean one thing...you are the soon to be Mrs. Andrew Barber." He said and I looked at him inquisitively.

"It does. Trinity Malone, soon to be Barber." I said and stuck out my hand to shake his.

"Nice to meet you kitten I'm...-"

"Lloyd." I heard Andy said behind me as Lloyd took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Trin, I told you to stay by me if he showed up." Andy said quietly in my ear.

"I didn't know who he was. Never met him Andy." I said.

"This is my stepbrother, Lloyd Hansen." Andy said and I then gave a nod to Lloyd.

"The black sheep really." Lloyd said and I tried not to laugh.

"You could have made something of yourself if you did more than play football and major in girls at Harvard." Andy said and Lloyd shrugged.

"It was more fun the way I did it. I mean look at you, you stuck to the books and you are just Andy. Look at me, barely graduated and just having a great life." Lloyd said.

"Not just Andy, Lloyd. I'm the Assistant District Attorney of Newton, have the most gorgeous, amazing, wonderful girl in my life and an amazing future." Andy said and I smiled at him as he leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

"Well forgive me if I don't care about the golden boy..." Lloyd said and then looked at me.

"But his soon to be trophy wife..." Lloyd said and walked closer to me and Andy moved me behind him.

"Don't even think about it Lloyd." Andy said.

"I'll keep my hands to myself bro...for now." Lloyd said and walked away giving me a final wink. Andy whipped and looked at me.

"How hard is it to follow one rule Trinity!" Andy said pissed off.

"You never told me his name or what he looked like Andy. How was I supposed to know!" I said annoyed. Andy sighed and then placed his forehead against mine.