Ordinary Girl - Chris Evans

**THIS IS NOW A FULL-LENGTH STORY BY THE SAME TITLE**

"How are you doing?" Lisa asked as Chris groaned and ran a hand over his face.

"I'm fine Ma." Chris Evans said as he sat with his mom at lunch in the hometown of Sudbury Massachusetts. They got out of the house even though all Chris wanted to do was stay in and be out of the public eye.

"I don't think you are." Lisa said.

"Seriously, I'm fine. It's over, it was stupid and I don't know how I let it last so long." Chris said and Lisa nodded.

"I mean a PR relationship Chris, they never work out well and do you realize how many fans you have lost being connected to her. Especially everything that happened while you two were together..." Lisa trailed off and Chris hid his growl knowing not to growl at his mother.

"I know Ma, there were so many times I wanted to get out but PR relationships, you cant breach or break the contract so I didn't know what else to do." Chris said and Lisa just placed her hand over her sons on the table.

"I worried about you." Lisa said and he looked up at her from where his eyes had ben cast down staring at the table.

"I know you did, I didn't know what to do or who to even go to. I mean I know I had you and the family but honestly I was stuck and I didn't know what else to do. I agreed to this, I was the idiot. If I would have known the trouble she would have been I would have fought against it harder." Chris said. Lisa just half nodded.

"Well it's over now, she is gone and you can move on with your life." Lisa said and Chris nodded.

"Hopefully my career isn't ruined." Chris said and Lisa just sighed. She didn't know what to say to her son at that moment since no one really knew what was lying ahead for him.

Chris Evans and his PR girlfriend had just called an end to an almost 2 years relationship. Fake video montages of them together to show how much they "were in love" and some "sightings" out together once in a blue moon but it was enough to play with hell with Chris's emotions and anxiety. Finally when he dropped his management team and got a new one they did all they could to get him out and end this contract with her. He was losing fans and support from everyone around him and his team knew, if they didn't end it soon he was going to lose everything.

Fans could never fully agree on why they didn't like her. Some said it was because she was way too young for him 25 years old, in fact, Chris was going to 42. We all know age is just a number but she acting like a child and never grew up which they thought Chris would do for her and get her maybe even some serious acting roles but that never happened. She made questionable choices in her own career and personal life while they were together, hanging out with people she should and old unflatter social media post, leaving people now wondering why Chris was with someone like her. Now that they were apart Chris just needed to work on getting his normal life back and back to his life, with what he wanted.

"I don't know if I should mention this..." Lisa said and Chris groaned.

"Ma..." Chris said in a warning tone.

"I'm just thinking that the last few relationships you have had that have been in the public eye have been scrutinized. What if you went for someone normal, someone from around her, around your hometown..."

"I don't know Ma, I think I just need to be left alone and not worry about dating for a while." Chris said.

"Just think about it Chris, an ordinary girl, someone normal, someone you can relate to being from home. Who wont use you for what you could get them. You have a lot to offer someone girl. You know you do and I think if you can find a normal girl, you will be much happier." Lisa explained.

"An ordinary girl...maybe?" Chris said as their food was delivered to the table.

💙💙💙

After having the conversation with Lisa at lunch Chris went out that night with his best friend Tara, her husband Jason and Chris's brother Scott. They headed to a local bar just to get some drinks and have a good time.

Scott lifted his glass and everyone looked at him. "Ding dong the bitch is gone! Cheers to that!" Scott said. Tara and her husband chuckled and even Chris cracked a smile.

"So how was lunch with Ma today?" Scott asked and Chris sighed.

"She is happy its over like we all are. She is tell me I need to find a normal girl, from here, and just date in her terms "an ordinary girl" someone normal." Chris said and everyone gave a small nod.

"It wouldn't be the worst thing." Tara said and Chris just shrugged.

"How do I do that? Everyone knows who I am. How do I find someone normal?" Chris asked.

"I bet if you tried and looked around you would find a girl who didn't care who you were. Ordinary might be nice." Scott said and Chris just sighed while taking a sip of his beer.

"Okay! Time for open mic night! First up is Geneva Collins." The MC said and people cheered. Chris watched this girl walk up on stage in a pair of faded black jeans, a light blue t-shirt and a guitar in hand. She sat on a stole and started strumming and singing.

🎵 Don't get me wrong, I love who I am
I don't wanna be ungrateful
It probably sounds strange
The things that seem so simple
Are suddenly so far out of reach
Wish that they could see that underneath
I'm just an ordinary girl
Sometimes I'm lazy, I get bored
I get scared, I feel ignored
I feel happy, I get silly
I choke on my own words
I make wishes, I have dreams
And I still want to believe
Anything can happen in this world
For an ordinary girl
Like you, like me
For an ordinary girl
Like you, like me
So give it everything
Or nothing at all
You get back on your feet
When you stumble and fall
A little luck can go a long way
So don't you worry about what people say
Who knows where the wind may blow
For an ordinary girl
I'm just an ordinary girl
Sometimes I'm lazy, I get bored
I get scared, I feel ignored
I feel happy, I get silly
I choke on my own words
I make wishes, I have dreams
And I still want to believe
Anything can happen in this world
For an ordinary girl
Like you, like me, yeah
For an ordinary girl
Like you, like me
For an ordinary girl🎵

Chris looked at everyone he was with and they all seemed to be sitting in stunned silence.

"That's a coincidence right?" Chris asked.

"It's something." Scott said and Chris sighed. He looked and he saw Geneva putting her guitar in a case. She then handed it to the bartender who held it behind the bar for her and she smiled sweetly at him. Her smile is what drew Chris in, he didn't even realize he was walking towards her until he was standing beside her at the bar. She looked up at him from where she had been looking at her bottle of beer.

"Hey, I'm Chris." He said extending his hand and she smiled sweetly at him shaking his hand. "Loved the song." Chris continued.