Leap Year - Johnny Storm

"So you are really going to do this?" Sue Storm asked me as I was getting ready in my room at my apartment I shared with my boyfriend and her brother Johnny Storm

"Yes, I am. It's been 4 years and Johnny doesn't seem like he is going to ask anytime soon and since it's Leap Year, the old Irish tradition says woman can propose to men today. I think it's time one of us do it." I said and Sue sighed.

"Kylie, I love you and would love you to be my sister but what happens if he says no?" Sue asked and I whipped my head to look at her.

"Why would he say no?!" I asked and she sighed.

"Johnny is traditional, he isn't going to want his girlfriend proposing to him." Sue said and I groaned as I got up and walked to my closet, I took my robe off and put on my mint green dress. It was low cut in the front and back and hit right above my knee. I slipped on my black glittery heels and looked myself over in the mirror.

"Sue, if he says no, I guess we will just have to gauge where our relationship is then after 3 years together. Now how do I look he will be home any minute?" I asked and she smiled.

"You look beautiful." She said and I smiled. We walked out of the bedroom, and I made sure everything was set up perfectly in the living room once Sue left. I lit the candles and placed dinner on our small kitchen table and just waited for Johnny to come home.

As I sat on the couch waiting, I pulled out the ring from my pocket. It was in a pouch, a ring I had Reed Richards help me design. I needed something that when Johnny flamed it wouldn't melt. I started to shake holding the ring and Sue's words were ringing in my head.

Was this a stupid idea? Would Johnny laugh in my face and walk out? Would he accept? Would he and I make it through this if he simply just turned me down...I had no clue.

I heard his key in the lock so I quickly put the ring back in the pouch and back in the pocket in my dress. I stood up and waited for Johnny to walk in. When he saw all the candles and then his eyes fell on me he stopped.

"Kylie...you look...just wow." Johnny said walking over to me and I smiled. He leaned down and kissed me and I moaned as his lips touched mine. This man had a tendency to make me go weak in the knees and I loved it. "What's all this?" Johnny asked as we broke apart and he saw all the candles and everything.

"Well its been 4 years of us together. Our first date was on leap year 4 years ago so I thought I would do a big surprise dinner for our anniversary." I said and Johnny smiled.

"You didn't have to go through all this trouble. I would have been happy with take out." Johnn said and I shook my head.

"No way! Come on, let me do this for you. Dinner is on the table and ready." I said and Johnny smiled.

"Alright, let me go change. I will be right back down." Johnny said and I nodded. I started getting even more nervous as I walked into the table in the kitchen and started checking everything and making sure it was okay.