I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds

• Act 1 •

42 days. Roughly, 42 days. 1008 hours. 60 480 minutes. 362 8800 seconds and counting. Grief is a fickle emotion, it can so easily shift. When one dies, there are presumably 5 stages the individual's loved ones often go through. The wizarding world was grieving, and they were currently on stage denial, but not for the correct reasons.

You see, 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes, 362 8800 seconds ago Cedric Diggory passed away, a tragic occurrence of course, but the wizarding world had more or less moved on. Obviously, there were certain individuals who would never move on or had yet to do so, but the majority had.

Not only did Cedric die 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds ago, but the dark lord, Voldemort, Tom riddle, You-Know-Who, had returned. Of course, the wizarding community has failed to accept this. In denial, they had formed a thick blanket of ignorance to shield themselves from the brutal truth, because, if the dark lord had really returned, everything would cease to be the same.

She thought of this constantly. Of the denial, of the death, of the truth -what she believed- most of all she thought of her friend, whom she was worried about and unable to contact, under strict orders of Dumbledore.

Comfortably she is perched on the window sill of 12 Grimmauld Place, head against the glass, a thick charms textbook resting in her lap. Fingers tapping on said book to the rhythm of Foolish Games, by Jewel, 1995. Aurora Flores had recently made the splendiferous discovery of earphones. A fantastic muggle device, that when partnered with what's called an I-pod, can play music directly to one's ears.

Arthur Weasley had been ecstatic to learn about the innovation, once Aurora had arrived at the location of the secret headquarters. With nothing but a suitcase filled to the brim with clothes, her owl and earphones, Aurora had been collected from her home in southern London. She likes to think she was rescued from it. Lately, she hasn't been enjoying her home life, the picture-perfect home life.

Aurora and her family upheld the reputation of uttermost perfection. The family possessed the most pleasant genes, the perfect looks and grades. She didn't mind keeping up with the expectations, in fact, she thrived.

Ever since she was an infant Aurora Naomi Flores had succeeded in almost everything following in the footsteps of her older siblings Sebastian and Malachi Flores, both of which also possessed a beautiful appearance and attendance records.

From a young age, Aurora had learnt her manners and was fluent in the language of politeness and kindness. She would never raise her voice or say anything with a hint of aggression.

It had lately become difficult to keep up with her breezy attitude, and polite mannerism. Her family were all experiencing this same feeling of difficulty. The entire witching community had been obsessing over Cedric's demise and the rumours of Voldemorts return that no one had seemed to notice or care about the death of Adriana Flores, wife and mother of three.

Aurora had been sick to the stomach with grief. Her mother, who provided Rory and her older brothers with a home in her womb for nine months each, who birthed them, raised them, and loved them, was dead.

Although death is inevitable, Aurora had been hoping her parents would live long enough to watch Aurora become a woman. Unfortunately, her hopes had been denied.

Andrea Caroline Flores-May had died in an accident outside the ministry. 2 other witches and one wizard died by her.

The department of magical accidents and Catastrophes was the line of work that Andrea did, and although it was her greatest passion it was additionally her destruction. Apparently, according to the Aurors who were assigned the case suggested that she and three other individuals were investigating an incident that involved a Graphorn. The dangerous creature, that had been contained, escaped from its temporary cell and attacked the workers on the case.