XLVI • Various departures

Were they still friends?

She didn't know.

Did he hate her again?

She didn't know.

Could she consider him a friend... or a fiend?

She didn't know.

Was she going to follow him?

Definitely.

He moved in a fast, angry pace. His hot fury radiated through the room and bounced off the walls. If anyone else occupied the premises, they would've been smart to run off and away from the source of the active volcanic anger. And Theodore was more than a source, he was the centre of it.

Was she an idiot for following him?

Yes.

Ignoring her internal battle, Aurora jogged from behind him. Her feet moved hastily, her arms down by her sides, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. Finally when she reached the boy, her hand reached up and yanked his shoulder back with a menacing force. She was shocked by the deathly look on his face.

"What?" He spat.

"I came to say thank you." The Gryffindor shifted from her right foot to her left, her chin pushing up high in feigned confidence, the persona transparent. He could tell, she was nervous. The thought almost had him smiling.

"Is that it?" He looked everywhere but at her, chewing his bottom lip and fiddling with the pads of his thumbs and eager to run off.

"No." She spat with equal coldness. He finally looked down at her. His expression softening "You're going to ignore me again aren't you?" The girl sneered.

"Not everything is about you." And then he turned away.

Before he could walk off, however, she grabbed him again, pulling the boy back. "You've really got to stop that." Theodore hissed.

"Your mood swings are insufferable!" Aurora flung her arms to emphasis the weight of her words. She probably looked mad, completely out of her mind. She didn't care in the slightest. He was making her mad, he was making her crazy. "You're kind, then you're cruel. Happy and then angry. Friendly and then an annoying piece of... of... of Shit!" She screeched.

A flicker of amusement switched in his eyes. She saw as it came, and as it quickly left. His jaw hardened. "Am I?" He analysed her.

"Yes!" She calmed her tone quickly. "It's so hard to be your friend."

He stilled. "Who said we were friends?"

The girl snorted. "You did." Flinging her arms beside her, and slapping them back by her sides. "And then you stormed off... like a toddler."

"You're awfully horrific at insults." She smiled, convinced that he had given in."You know Aurora, despite how intelligent you may be, you're terribly daft." He grumbled. "Why I'm upset doesn't concern you. I'm. Fine." Her smile faded.

"Does the mentioning of your father bother you?" She saw the way he recoiled at his own words earlier, and how he flinched when she mentioned him then.

"So apparently you aren't all that daft." He mumbled to himself, his head turning away from her. Looking back he sighed. "It's none of your business."

"I know that." Aurora huffed. "Don't you maybe think it's better to process and deal with the issue rather than to hurt others and yourself?"

"It's. None. Of. Your. Business." He scowled