LX • Red handed

Aurora was simply unsure wether it was socially acceptable pierce her own ears and yank out the faintly beating drums. It was by the minute that she was beginning to care less about how 'appropriate' such may be and do it anyways.

The simple thought served as a distraction from the constant whine that came from Lavender Brown next to her. Aurora continuously managed to forget she did not impersonate her more judgemental side unless with Theodore. It was growing increasingly harder not to snap.

"You see Rory, I never expected it to be." She sighed. "But it is." Lavender Brown was a nice girl. Rory meant that. She just wanted to be left alone. "Do you suppose it was fate Rory?" The girls expression perked.

"Uhm." She walked along, her fingers trailing the delicate spines of every book she passed. The library was empty, that was why she ventured there, hopeful to steal a frail moment with Theodore, and they were... until Brown made an appearance.

Now, Theodore resided alone near the corner of the isolated room, a book in his palm and a hand to his mouth shielding the ever growing smile that threatened to tease Lavender for her shocking show of obliviousness. Aurora would be sure to scold him, that very ignorance served as their only protection. Brown herself, held the notorious title of Hogwarts' top 'incurable gossip'. If she suspected anything, they'd be fresh meat for the sharks.

"I don't know Lav." She answered, her eyes refusing to meet hers. Theodore couldn't help but snicker.

It was almost scary, the way Lavenders head shot toward him. And like a moth to a light, the youngest witch buzzed straight toward him. "And what's so funny?" Her hands crossed over her chest.

"My book." He slammed it shut before him, clearly more interested now the attention was directed toward him. "I just simply adore how the author has decided to portray the 'dumb blonde'." He gestured to Lavenders golden strands of hair.

"And what of the 'predictable play boy?" She sneered. Her sass was simply unending. "Those mummy issues doing well in fuelling your sex drive?" Aurora had to admit, Lavender Brown was a force to be reckoned with. "I would advice you not to shake his hand these days, Aurora. Heard he hasn't found a new girl with half a brain to shag in months, doesn't take a genius to realise his fist has become a second rate substitute."

Auroras jaw dropped. His eyebrow raised.

The Slytherin feigned disinterest as he picked up the book. "Sassy as ever. You're just proving my point." He ignored her final comment. "Now leave, I've had enough of you, go pester Flores about your 'Won Won'".  He made a face as she stormed off.

They were alone. "That girl is relentless." Aurora sighed.

"I've endured worse." He shrugged, a smile growing. "You know, from Pansy." He spoke as if he were about to start a list. "You." 

Her hand propelled toward him, delivering a loud slap to his shoulder. His cackles soft, as to ensure no one would catch them. Aurora allowed for her eyes to check their surroundings, when assured no one was there she crawled straight onto his lap.

Concealed by bookshelves and shadows, she perched comfortably. "Hi." She smiled.

"Hi."

"You're lucky I like you." She pressed a firm kiss upon the base of his neck. The reminisce of her lip gloss smudging. Neither seemed to care, not as her tongue teasingly dragged along the spot he felt most sensitive. Theodore's eyes blinked shut, his head rolling backward. A gentle sigh escaped him, his hands massaging the curve of her waist, and small of her back.

"I really like you." Theo could feel her smile, the upturn of her lips as she moved against him. There was something so natural about the way a girl moves. He devoured every kiss, every word, every breath. And in one movement, he stood up.