XXIV • Two Stolen Angels

She was an enigma.

To Theodore Nott, Aurora Flores was the embodiment of a question mark. He didn't understand her. At first glance, he, who figured himself an observer, deemed that the Flores witch was plain, in other words an utter bore. He marked her predictable and simple, what Theo didn't understand was how she was anything but.

After five years of simply taking place as background characters in each others lives, did Theodore come to the conclusion that Aurora, who he knew preferred to be identified as Rory (the only fact he really knew of her then), was two faced.

Duplicitous, if you will.

Once he discovered her alter persona, her true personality, he decided to destroy her, his envy for her perfection and flawless nature urged him to do so.

After months of watching her, tampering with her, playing with her, he assumed she would reveal her 'true colours' and once she had done so, he planned to expose her. What he didn't expect was for his plan to crash and burn.

Theodore had taken it to playing the long game. He waited and chose his moves carefully. Honestly, he predicted that she wasn't a decent soul, that she pretended to be for popularity and affection. He was unaware that he was only half right.

Aurora was a beautiful being, truely, she just happened to have a rather ugly part of her, like everyone else, she had just taken it to hiding hers. Theodore had assumed any 'good' parts of her were completely fake, he was wrong on that matter.

He was also unaware that the true reason Aurora didn't crack under his pressure, was because she resisted, he did not expect her to fight his attempts. She, didn't know what he was trying to accomplish, but fought back in regards to the memory of her passed mother, to please her... Theodore didn't know of this either.

The chaos he had formed was under the influence that there was not a single flaw in Auroras existence, the exception of her ugly temperament, he was very wrong and within the next hour would learn so.

But as he sat in potions, along side his Slytherin mates, he leered at his enigma across the room, with questions on his mind.

"Whatcha looking at"?

This dragged Theodore's eyes away from the olive complexion, chestnut locks and red and gold robes. His eyes now levelled to meet the chocolate ones of his best friend Blaise.

The darker wizard grinned at his mopped headed friend. "Huh?" Theodore tried.

"You wouldn't be looking at Miss Flores by any chance, would you" Blaise pouted exaggeratedly before returning his attention to the potion brewing before him.

"She's confusing." Theodore stated, cautiously. He didn't need anyone eavesdropping.

Blaise snorted from beside him, loudly. "Nope." Was all he said.

Theo was extremely confused by the vagueness of his response. "Nope?"

"Nope." Blaise turned to face him, exasperated.
"She is the most predictable little minx you will ever come across." He gestured towards Aurora who, across the premises, was laughing with Cormac McLaggen, Theo had noticed him intentionally bump into her before they started conversing.

Theodore rolled his eyes at the obviousness to capture her attention Mclaggen portrayed. "Comprehend."

Blaise took this as an opportunity to divulge into his own observation. "You see that?" Theodore watched as more and more people began to attempt to receive Auroras attention. How they all unconsciously begged for her to notice them. Theodore merely nodded in response. "That my friend, is the most popular girl in our year." He sighed loudly. "Beautiful isn't she?"