LVIII • Cruel Bastards

TW: If readers may feel triggered or uncomfortable by any sexual activities or events, it is suggested to remain wary whilst reading this chapter

________________________________

Flores roamed the busy halls of the second floor, her books rested comfortably within her arms, she hugged them tightly as she weaved through the crowds of eager students. Monday mornings had always refused to serve well. Begrudgingly students awoke and attended their clases, yet the weekends had done its job in refreshing the crowded minds of her peers. And despite how much Monday's remained loathed, they often proved to be productive days.

Harry, Hermione and Neville walked along side her as they approached their seperate class rooms. Whilst Harry had dedicated his current focus toward the dark theories Aurora listened reluctantly. She did not wish to taint her mood with such a heavy topic, but new that if she didn't, it would surely taunt Harry until he snapped. So she listened.

Neville and Hermione had been caught up within their own topic, of which Rory had overheard had to do with herbology, and were in hand, spared of the death eater talk.

His theories were proving to be far more unlikely than the chance of Voldemort simply collecting his bags for Hawaii and deciding not to evoke a way at all. His ideas proved so sickly and twisted she grew worried for his state of paranoia as it engulfed him. The very way he spoke with so much determination, had her fearful. She grew confused as he abruptly stopped talking.

Raising her gaze toward him, the scar headed boys eyes had been narrowed toward the group of passer-by's who walked before them. Pansy, Draco, Crabbe and Theodore walked in a synchronous step. Glares were shared; yet nothing was said. Simply walking past one another conflict was avoided. It surprised Harry just as much as it did Rory, she had no doubt it merely fuelled his accusations.

The group swerved past them with a heavy silence, lack of conflict between anyone had been too noticeable. Yet, she simply forgot it as her shoulder collided with another. Wearing his least sincere expression, Theodore faked his conciliatory persona. "Oh I'm so sorry." His hands brushed down her shoulders.

An elicit flame evoked from within the spark of their touch. They remained silent toward it. Resisting the urge to playfully hit him, she remained quiet. His hand found hers, concealed from all bystanders his fingers squeezed her palm once before he let her go. "My bad." He reversed from them, his cruel smirk wicked upon his face.

"That twat." Harry seethed in the direction of the departing Slytherin group.

"Just ignore it, Harry." Hermiones hand pulled him further along and throughout the hallway as they neared their classrooms. "It isn't worth it."

"Come on." Rory too pulled him along, her arm wrapped securely around him. He nudged himself into her, a sibling type comfort persuading him to do so. "Let's get you to class before you lose it." She smiled and he smiled back.

•   •   •

Once again wandering the halls of Hogwarts Auroras eyes remained cast upon her timetable as she struggled to read it whilst her feet moved. Barely having read the words 'History of Magic' she sighed and moved toward the direction of said classroom.

Having juggled her assortment of papers and textbooks she neared the direction of the class. Stood in at organised formation, the seventh year Gryffindors and Ravenclaws were in their line awaiting their teacher. Stuffing the crinkled paper in her bag, she ascended forward. Despite her mind ordering her legs to move in the direction of the classroom, her body flung sideways as an exterior force pulled her.