XII • Half the angel

The series of giggles from the girls was drowned out by the sea of noise in the crowded pub. They tripped over each others feet as they entered the room. Crowded was an understatement. Not only did the majority of thirteen and above Hogwarts students fill the premise but witches and wizards of age were everywhere also.

The girls didn't know if there would be any seats available for them. Their smiles had wiped off their faces at the thought of leaving. Thankfully before they did, Ginny spotted a couple leaving their table. The three quickly rushed to the side of the room, thankfully by the window, to claim the chairs their own.

There were only two seats there. Rory stepped aside on instinct and gestured for the younger girls to take their seats first. She shot her eyes around the room in search for another chair. Her chances at finding one began to dwindle, the room was crowded. Perhaps she would have to crouch besides the table.

Ah ha. There, three seats away sat a man by him self. Rory just had to hope he wasn't waiting for a date who was late or just in the bathroom. It took her a moment to gain the courage to approach the stranger. She felt if he said no, that she would be destined for humiliation. She shook her head and neared him.

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but are you using that chair?" She displayed her fake formal tone, it was sweet and friendly, perfect for gaining favours with strangers.

He looked up. The man seemed to be younger than thirty, but very clearly too old for Rory. She guessed he was around twenty six. Blue eyes held contact with hers. A light brown mop on his head, though it was a disaster in the best way. Clearly, naturally a mess but it looked somewhat contained, well looked after.

He was certainly handsome. His eyes, did she mention they were blue? Not only that, but they were naturally shaped downward as though he hadn't slept, but he was clearly well rested. There were no bags under his eyes. No flaws at all on his face. Or anywhere.

His skin was beautifully tan and his cheeks lightly rosy, she could tell he had recently been in the sun. Summer had just ended, maybe he lived nearby? His plump, pink lips lightly pursed as his perfectly shaped eyebrows furrowed. Had she been staring?

Oh shit. What if he was an Occlumens? Did he just hear all of her thoughts.

"No no, please, it's all yours." He gestured to the chair. His voice was raspy, deep, but not too deep. Stop this Rory, she scolded.

She gave him a carefree smile in thanks before collecting the chair before her. She lifted it around him as she awkwardly waddled. He smiled lightly at her before he stood. He was around six foot one or two. Wow.

"Here let me." There was that raspy voice again.

"Oh no, it's really not an issue-" she attempted to redeem herself, she had managed to make a fool of herself already.

"Please, i insist." Ah a gentleman. She nodded.

She led him to the table where her friends sat, both sipping their drinks. Their jaws dropped at the sight of Rory with the beautiful stranger.
He placed the chair in between the girls before nodding at the three of them and retreating back to his table.

"Who is that." Ginny asked. She couldn't take her eyes off him either.

Rory shrugged. "I have no clue, but he is just gorgeous isn't he?"

"Rory you've known him for a total of thirty seconds, don't go falling in love on us." Hermione chuckled.

The eldest witch sighed. "Too late." They giggled.

Their topic of conversation switched quickly. The three discussed a series of things, such as grades and sport.

Rory had been on the quidditch team in grades two through four, she dropped it last year in order to study for her owls. Aurora was quite the chaser if she did say so herself. Her friendship with both Katie and Angelina only increased during their time as players together. All three of them were the Gryffindor chasers and they were brilliant. Painted a reputation for the three of them. That was until Rory dedicated her free time to her studies.