V • True colours

Aurora had immediately whipped her head away from Theo. The way he raised his eyebrows and jutted his head up at her. It was intimidating, almost as if he was threatening her. Warning her that if she kept her eyes on him for any longer he would do something horrific.

With her fork she collected another pile of peas. This time she didn't have any difficulty chewing. She had sparked up a conversation with the first year in front of her, he seemed sweet. When she had presented him with a toothy grin, her mouth full of peas, the boys emotions of fear, from the unfamiliar environment, dwindled, and he laughed, clearly amused by the two peas that rolled from her lips.

His laugh was loud and obnoxious, but it brought a warming sensation to her chest. It was moments like these that she genuinely felt good. It wasn't forced. But of course her light hearted smile diverted into a scowl as she stared at her plate. Unhappy, due to her minor interaction with the six year Slytherin across the room.

The boy who had introduced himself as Charlie, sparked up a conversation with Aurora. His interest in Hogwarts had completely distracted her, the Slytherin boy was on her mind no longer.

Charlie was excited to be a Gryffindor, he told her that the sorting hat gave no hesitation to sort him into the house of the brave and just. Rory on the other hand received major hesitation from the hat. It's probably the reason why she disliked it, the hat initially wanted to place her in Slytherin, but paused, she refused to be a Slytherin, so he considered the traits she held of a Gryffindor within. So six years later, there she was, sparking up a conversation with a new little lion housed wizard.

What caught her eye was the Nott boy rising from his seat across the room, it was too early to leave but she assumed that wouldn't stop the likes of him. His gaze was set on something, his eyebrows furrowed, she followed his line of sight. Rory then spotted Daphne traveling across the room to herself. Rory returned her attention to the Slytherin boy, but he had already made a quick exit.

The round faced, blonde beauty squished herself between Rory and the unknown person besides her. After making herself visibly comfortable she offered Aurora a grin. "Hello, Roars" was all she said.

Suspicious, Rory thought, does she want something from me? She questioned herself. Aurora squinted her eyes in accusation. Daphne immediately sighed and asked what she had come to ask.

"You are so hard to manipulate." She whined. "I came here to check on you." The sixth year Slytherin admitted, her head hung low.

Aurora rolled her eyes and snatched Daphnes hands in her own. "I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me." She protested.

"I know," the blonde sighed. "I just can't help but worry about you."

"You don't have to, okay?" The prefect replied, in assurance. "I'm fine." The two girls then broke into a casual conversation that went on for the remainder of their dinner time.

Since Hermione and Ron were the fifth year prefects it wasn't Rory's responsibility to guide the tiny Gryffindors to the common room. Unfortunately, as prefect, Rory doesn't expect to receive much sleep due to her midnight patrols.

Sleep is a necessity to humans, Rory liked to believe she was the exception. Her current sleeping schedule was all over the place, the majority of her nights she spent awake and busy, or attempting to go to sleep but to no avail.

She also noticed that during the time of three pm was when she felt most tired. It was the only time she found herself fighting for sleep. It was odd and random, but apparently the case.

By ten o'clock curfew was at it's beginning, Aurora made her way to her common room to get changed into more comfortable attire. Changing out of her pink polo and Mum jeans, she wore a pair of tracksuit pants and George's Quidditch jumper.