XXIX • To reign hell

Her anger ceased to dwindle. The heavy emotion forced itself a permanent spot on her shoulders. Where her angel used to perch, the devil then sat whispering wicked theories and ideas in her vexed mind. It's words tickled her ears and echoed in her head, the actions the little demon dared her to do grew tempting over time. The longer she failed to allow her anger to escape the more dangerous it grew.

The sneaky thoughts the devil aside her head murmured in her ear were truely despicable. Within the week alone she had fantasied about a series of harmful incidents to fall upon those who even remotely upset her. She was furious but taught herself long ago to never act out on such emotions no matter how much she itched to. So she suffered, she withheld all of her thoughts and locked them into a safe in the darkest corners of her mind.

Withholding emotions is a dangerous sport, already that year had she attempted to do so, only to burst into a yucky mess of emotions. Trying to hold her anger was pointless, she didn't know she had set herself up for utter chaos.

She should've known her fury couldn't be contained. With a wrath like Auroras, she shouldn't have even tried to ignore it. The least she could've done was to scream into a pillow or to whack her bed frame, but she didn't allow herself that luxury and because of it someone would have to pay for her mistake.

Theodore sat in front of her. His scowl absent on his features for once. He knew something was wrong with her, bothering her, tempting her. Theo wanted to know what it was and he knew all too well that if he were to pressure her she would easily snap but yet again he couldn't find the will to do so. He just took it to convincing himself he was disappointed because he wasn't responsible for angering her.

He had noticed the same stony expression plastered to her face from times of his own temper fits. For the week her eyes had been permanently narrowed, her jaw tensed and her face red from not blush but fury. He couldn't help but wonder what it was that filled her with such strong emotions.

He could tell she was cussing a list of a million different colourful and creative profanities, and her tongue was begging for her to release them. He was clueless as to wether he should be proud or wary, both seemed appropriate but one could probably get him yelled at. Why didn't he want that anymore?

As he sat there, eyes failing to leave her, he had the choice to guide her over the edge into a fit of anger, five months ago he would've leapt at the chance but there he sat, watching as her mind ate at herself, begging for her to release her emotions while she dominantly resisted, he didn't understand why he wasn't drowning in glee.

He wasn't twitching at the lips and attempting to banish a mischievous grin from his face, he wasn't teasing and tormenting with her like he had done all those months ago and nor was he even remotely content.

He hated how he frowned at her struggled state, he then wished for simpler times when he would've been clutching his abdomen in a desperate attempt to withhold his cackles. A time when he held no care in the world, not an ounce of empathy, he hated to say he was currently drowning in that instead.

His face darkened when he spotted the dark corner of the library release a scrawny figure into the light, provided with by a single reading lamp. His eyes narrowed when he noticed one of his Slytherin peers, Terence Higgs was the boy he was met with the sight of.

The highly prejudicial wizard never took it to socialising with anyone other than a non defected pure blood. It came as an awful surprise when Theodore realised he wasn't there to speak to him. Terence had his eyes engraved into the back of Auroras head, not removing his glance from her once. His hungry gaze was unsettling, the way his eyes ate her up bothered Theodore.

Theo had his fair share of lady callers, and never once did he allow for the situation to become an uncomfortable one for either parties. Based off the way the Gryffindor witch tensed rapidly, despite being only half aware of his presence, it implied that she didn't exactly appreciate his company, so for just that once, he vowed to look after her, despite who she was.