LXI • Deceitful doves

"You're an idiot." She giggled.

"Me? No." He too couldn't help but laugh.

Theo and Aurora were not exactly good at withholding their playful banter. Sat, in the back of the classroom, they brewed the potions Slughorn requested they mix. Although, they payed little attention to the board, rather too fond with what the other was doing.

Theodore, although had been ordered not to by his professor, splashed particles of the potion onto his partner. The particular ingredients, ticklish when met with flesh. She attempted to withhold her laughter as the droplets of mixture cascaded down her neck.

"It's so bad." She gasped for air, squirming uncomfortably beneath his featherlight touches and ticklish sensation of the potion.

Thankfully, the universe had chosen to conceal their relationship, they were not the only troublemakers in the classroom that evening. Partners and students joked and mucked about within the stone walls of the dungeons like there was no tomorrow, attention had not been dragged toward them in the slightest.

Laughing teenagers filled the room as beads of translucent liquid soaked through their pores, evoking giggles and silly fun.

"Please wipe it off me." She cackled, "Please please!" The girl squealed. He had no intention of helping her, rather laughing along as she writhed, desperately attempting to dry herself. His hand trailed up her bare arm, simply working as an addition to the tickled skin. "Ah!" She jumped.

And whilst she turned, slapping the droplets of mystical water, Theodore pulled a small and empty flask, filling it with his new favourite brew. He planned to tease her later.

"You're terrible." She huffed, her eyes skimming through the busy premises ensuring none were watching before she pressed a loving kiss to his left cheek. "You suck." She grinned widely.

"Please, I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you." He grinned widely as her scoff came.

It did not take long after that for their class to end as time did soar as they had fun. Thankful, they shared their next class they approached DA hands in pockets, words flying.

No one else had yet to arrive, lost within the swarm of students, she leant comfortably against the stone wall before the door, awaiting for both their class and Professor. "Absolutely not." She gasped.

"Why not?" Theo whined, their topic of conversation shifting rapidly by the minute.

"Have I said you're awful?" She asked, completely aware she had told him so countless times.

"No I don't think you have." He smirked. "Say it again."

It was not difficult; by that point, for the two to share conversations within public, they remained concealed by the obliviousness and ignorant nature of others, those who simply did not look beyond their noses. However it was hard to do so amongst their close friends. Theodore, not even finished his sentence, excused himself as his Slytherin companions arrived. "Blaise!" He jogged toward his friend. His arm raised, capturing his best friends attention.

Aurora liked Blaise, she liked him a lot. Barely had they ever conversed, and before Theodore, barely had she noticed him. But as she watched the two talk, and Theodore smile so brightly, it was difficult not to like him so.

Theo's hand came before his mouth, a hand on his hip, as they discussed whatever they did. She smiled, as his eyes vaguely flickered toward her, he too smiled back a flustered shade of pink coaxing his skin.