XXVI • Repeated Mistakes

TW, Caution. For those who find sexual content and illegal use of alcohol unsettling, I advise you, do not read this chapter.
__________________________________

The days were too slow. Her mind was no longer at ease and she couldn't bring it within herself to sleep. Theodore Nott, weeks ago, ambushed her. He pulled her aside and blamed her, faulted her, hurt her. She doesn't know why but the situation acted as a sort of trigger.

She was hurting and although, emotionally the cry was the perfect cure to her previous issue, she now had a horrible habit of crying, her family picture clutched tightly to her chest, in order to find sleep.

The tears were getting old, just like how they did months prior but what she noticed was that after her cries, every time she felt just a little bit better, she couldn't risk giving that up. As selfish as she depicted herself, she needed to feel better eventually and as much as she wished she could set aside life including any opportunities, for her mother she knew she shouldn't.

So she found herself at rock bottom, in the three broomsticks on a Friday night nursing a glass of firewhisky. She wasn't drunk, no, a light buzz at best, she didn't want to repeat any mistakes so she was being cautious. Instead of taking many large gulps, she took it to only drinking sips at a time, just incase.

She felt a body take a seat besides her. She grinned before turning to see who it was, she already knew who it was, they had taken it to visiting each other often, offering emotional support for one another in a platonic sense. They laughed, hung out, joked around. Aurora had taken it to liking Anthony Creevy.

"Rory, Rory, Rory, you haven't had any alcohol when meeting with me her for weeks, what's got you blue." He smiled from besides her and tilted his head mockingly.

She snorted before replying. "Boy troubles."

His eyes widened and a small smile grew, he was all too ready to divulge into thick, silly gossip.
Before he could do so she spoke first.

"Wait. That implies that I actually have a boy." She turned to look at him with her jokiest glare, she knew what he was about to do. "No, some guy just really hurt me. I have no romantic relations what so ever."

The muggle nodded a sly grin displayed on his features as though he didn't quite believe her, but he was going to allow her to explain before he made any comment that could potentially hurt her. She had a glass of alcohol for crying out loud, Anthony knew how Aurora repelled any form of liquor after their encounter, he understood not to take offence, for he didn't know her situation or what made her uncomfortable.

"Okay, so divulge me." His eyes widened at his odd words before turning to beam at her with a cheeky glance.

She sighed loudly before divulging into her predicament, careful to leave out any mention of school or anything that could imply she was anything but twenty years old. It ate her alive to fib but she couldn't tolerate the betrayal Anthony would most probably experience if he found out.

The topic consisted of Theodore's verbal attack, how she felt during and after, the subject of her mother often came up during their long conversation. She went into thick detail about how she's purposely ignoring him, Anthony didn't like that and suggested giving the snake a piece of her mind.

To Rory's fabulous luck, Anthony nursed a glass of his own, by that point the two of them had stopped sipping and were practically inhaling the alcoholic substance as though it were air.

As their sobriety decreased the laughter did just quite the opposite, it was again reaching the point were anything became entertaining to the two. Trouble was approaching and Aurora was too drunk to notice nor care.