XI • Dumbledores Army

Rory couldn't find the energy to sit up that morning. The previous day had been particularly emotionally draining. What with the assault on her backside and the detention following.

Although she needed nothing more than a relaxing day, the universe deemed it necessary to mock her in her time of misery. Her first two classes of that day were none other than potions.

Although Snape wasn't specifically out to get her, she couldn't doubt that the Slytherins in her class would dig for any excuse to torment her further. Not only that but for the remainder of that year she would be forced to sit right next to none other than Theodore Nott. The boy who had been responsible for Auroras anguish the day before.

As much as she would've liked to, Rory couldn't skip her lessons that day. She had no choice but to endure whatever anguish the universe was ready to throw at her.

She literally rolled out of bed. Her blanket still clasped tightly around her as she plummeted to the floor. The loud thud awoke her roommates.

Katie laughed at the sight of Rory tangled in her sheets. They all laughed as Rory's attempted to hop to the bathroom with her feet still tied together. Although the day was going to be an inevitable disaster the blanket incident put her in a light hearted mood.

Rory specifically wore her Gryffindor robes that day to cover her behind, she wasn't going to have a repeat of the whole arse incident especially since she was sat next to Theodore for the next two periods.

As per usual, Rory waited in line for the class to begin. Though this time she waited at the back in hopes not to repeat her last mistake. Only mere moments before the class would officially be at a start Rory spotted Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini wrestling down the stairs towards them. She merely rolled her eyes at their childish behaviour.

She had turned back around but before she could properly face the front a large figure collided into her, the impact sending her body flying to the side. She had saved herself from falling and total embarrassment with an awkward waddle side ways, landing in an odd pose. Humiliating still but not as bad as it would've been if she had fallen.

As she straightened she shot her head to look at the intruder. There Blaise stood with the most apologetic look she had ever received. "I am so sorry." He emphasised each and every word.

"It's alright." She attempted. He wasn't having it.

"No no, please forgive us." He rested a comforting hand on her arm. "We weren't watching where we were going." She only smiled in return. "I'm sorry." He then gestured to the uninterested boy beside him. "We're both sorry."

Theodore hadn't said a thing, clearly not bothered by their actions to Aurora. Blaise noticed this and nudged his side. "Yep." The Nott boy sighed. "Sorry."
All Aurora did was nod slowly before following the rest of the class inside.

Aurora wasn't surprised at Theodore's lack of empathy. She had an inckling that he disliked her. Scratch that. She knew he disliked her. It was as obvious as the raging pimple that sat on her nose most of third year.
She couldn't think of what she had done to bother him, she just had.

As she took out her text book and the rest of her stationary, a small thud sounded beside her. She gave him a sidewards glance. When he looked back at her she gave him a tight lipped grin, he didn't return it. In fact he just looked at her. Blankly. For two whole seconds. He only looked away when she did. Okay then.

He's terrifying, she thought. They had only interacted a total of, what? Three times. And in one of those interactions he backed her against a wall. And in the other, he embarrassed her in front of the entire class. If anyone should be giving off the mean glare it should be her.