X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm

_____TW | mentioning of SH |_____

Great. Rory was preparing for the worse. 5 o'clock was nearing and in hand, her detention. Daphne had left by that point, she provided Rory with a comforting hand but what was truely peculiar was how eager she seemed to leave, like something was weighing on her. Rory was too tired to say anything.

With a frown she collected only her DA text books and almost sprinted to Umbridges office. She wouldn't dare be late. Even by a mere second. She had learnt the hard way that Professor Umbridge was willing to go far and beyond to mess with Rory. This was going to be a great year.

She practically flew past her fellow Gryffindor friends to prevent conversation, that didn't stop her from smiling though, it's just who she was. No matter how many smiles she shared, Rory still managed to arrive in front of Umbridges door two minutes early.

She had time to spare, she figured she could just let her thoughts run as per usual. Unfortunately her mind attempted to take a dark turn. It attempted to remind her of the previous events of that day, of her family situation too. She stopped herself before her thoughts could stray.

Instead she began to grow curious. What would she have to do for detention that day. Would her DA professor have her pick the gum off the sides of the desks. Perhaps she would make Rory polish her office. What had Harry's detentions been like? Oh, she had forgot about Harry.

Apparently on his second day, his first DA lesson, he had managed to get a weeks detention. Would they tend to their chores together? Would they even have chores? Or would they be forced to swing upside down tied by their ancles to the ceiling as they sung a series of nursery rhymes. She seriously doubted that.

She hadn't been standing there for that long, but Harry was already at the door also. Maybe he had the same idea as Rory. She was confused, Harry wasn't one to particularly care for little things such as early arrivals. As she glanced up at him with a tiny smile. It probably wasn't appropriate to sing and cheer at his presence when they were both heading for detention.

What ever evidence on her face that proved she was happy to see Harry, no mater how tiny, vanished at the sight of platinum blonde locks. Ah. Now she gets why he was walking faster, Malfoy was following him. No doubt annoying the scar clean off his forehead.

She almost wanted to laugh at the look Harry shot her, it was somewhere in between save me and kill him. He was almost definitely referring to both. His hands rested in his pockets and his vision kept at the floor ahead of him. Malfoy just casually waltzed besides him, clearly gloating.

"You know, Father says professor Umbridge is the best of the best. I didn't agree with her, until your detention of course. She clearly knows what it is she's doing." He was beaming as he practically skipped besides Harry. Real mature Malfoy.
The Potter boy on the other hand was clenching his hidden fists, ready to swing at any given moment.

"Malfoy, your presence isn't exactly necessary, I ask politely, that you leave my friend alone." She wanted to kick and scream as his grin widened at her, but she collected those vulgar emotions and spoke calmly.

"Oh Flores, don't you worry, I certainly haven't forgotten about you." Oh no. Before any of them could say anything else, Harry spoke first.

"Malfoy, get the message." He was fuming. "That was just Rory's polite way of asking you to shove off." He had a nasty glare stuck on Malfoy. Though it didn't seem the blonde was going any time soon.

"I wasn't talking to you Potter." He spat back, but he didn't take his eyes off of Aurora. "A little birdie told me that you disrupted a class."

"I didn't -" she tried to defend herself.