XXXIX • Hit me

Navy blue, skin tight, classic, boxer briefs.

Aurora saw his underwear... Fuck.

Not only did she see it, she stared at it for an entire second, her very own hand responsible for lifting his shirt in the first place. Yes, she had been looking for the purpose of inspecting his bruise, but her curious eyes ignored all rational thinking and stole a peek at parts of him she shouldn't have been focusing on.

She recalled, initially lifting his shirt in order to visually witness the supposed injury on his stomach. Beneath the bruise she was able to spot the decorative lines of his abs, the sight was enough to make her flustered but the Gryffindor snatched her view back to the injury. Her eyes trailed down the purple colour of his stomach, attempting to depict the severity of the wound. She then spotted his v line, that was enough to make her uncomfortable, again she blamed it on his bruise. Then finally, her gaze lowered further than it should have.

He wore low waisted jeans, his boxers peaking out through the outer rim of his pants, she hadn't expected such a display, at the sight of his underwear she drew the sharp line and quickly release the rim of his shirt, tugged more like, covering himself from the piercing and nosey gaze Aurora wished she didn't have.

It was embarrassing, monumentally humiliating. If he had known she was staring at his underwear and muscles, he would've had a right old go at her. His already massive ego, would've inflated to the point of steel. There would be no going back. She could only pray that he didn't take notice to her flustered state and shocked expression.

She prayed he didn't know the topic of her thoughts whilst they sat side by side in waiting for a teacher and Daphne. She prayed he wouldn't be able to guess the subject of her mind that night when they met up for their very first detention of the year. A punishment they shared for being outside after dark. Of course the first professor Daphne could find happened to be the most sour. She prayed that her eyes and hands wouldn't betray her consciousness and attempt to steal another look.

She was at that moment overthinking in her first charms lesson of the semester, just like she had been overthinking in her first history of magic class of the year and her herbology lesson... and history of magic.

She threw her head down onto her table and sighed loudly, the display of boredom and discomfort stole the eyes of many students, Rory Flores was not the type to act in such a way, surprisingly she didn't care, other things had been worrying her further.

Unfortunately her professor did actually care. A notion she had stupidly forgotten all about.

"Rory?" Professor Flitwicks high toned voice questioned. His scolding tone hadn't emerged in the slightest, it rarely did, he especially wouldn't allow it to release in the presence of his star student. Disappointed seeped through his expression at the thought of Aurora being disrespectful. Only then did she feel bad. "Are you listening?" He practically pleaded.

To say the least, Aurora had not been focusing. Her mind had strayed from the teachings of the lesson. Fortunately she had taken it to learning the syllabus before hand. "Of course." She chirped her smile dim.

"Can you tell me purpose of the spell 'Geminio'?'" He looked at her reassuringly, the spell was a tricky one, they had really been examining the product of said spell but Flitwick liked Rory and was willing to give her an easier question, one he was sure she'd know.

"Geminio, the copy spell. It temporarily forms a worthless duplicate of any object the spell is cast upon." His expression urged for more, she complied. "It can be used for the purpose of simple mindless trickery and pranks, or strategised mishaps." She cleared her throat. "It's most famous use was in the Global Wizarding war of 1920, amongst the lower classed civilians of Liverpool."