XLIV • Stained, inky crushes

Her giggle was venomous, high pitched and way too cheery. Just the mere sound of her tiny laugh brought severe pain to his ears. By the looks of it, it erupted discomfort from within his Slytherin peers also.

Theodore and his fellow Slytherin mates, sat quietly in their Professors office. Umbridge, had offered each of them tea, Theodore knew it would not be wise to accept, none of his friends did, so each sat empty handed and watched with boredom as their teacher stirred in her sugar... way too much if you ask him.

He made sure he chose the seat closest to the door, he had to be in the library the moment their 'endeavour' was over and he did not wish to be late yet again to his time with Aurora. He planned prior, that the very second Umbridge was done, he'd bolt right out.

To his right, second closest to the door, sat Blaise, his posture remained tall, his mere stance demanded respect, in the menacing way, it didn't matter that he was sitting; he was clearly on top.

Parallel to the prestige boy, Pansy sat with her posture forming the letter 'c'. Her head reached to were her shoulder blades were supposed to be as her back rested very much were her behind should've been. If anyone didn't want to be there, it was her. Umbridge, of course, didn't bother to hide her destain as regards to his friends posture.

Pansy, however could not care less as her legs remained separated, the very reason she chose to wear trousers, and fiddled with the many rings that adorned her dainty, pale fingers. Watching her give literally zero care enraged Theodore with envy. He too wished to lay back in the most bizarre way and to fiddle with his own rings, but he, unlike Pansy, had something to gain from the meeting and didn't wish to ruin his reputation before having a chance to speak.

The Inquisitorial squad, never had meetings as such, in fact, if Theodore had known months ago that he actually had to attend to these he maybe been enticed to decline Umbridges' offer. Daphne did. The idea grew tempting, he didn't want to be there.

From how he viewed it at the time, he figured receiving a job as a student snitch, would work nicely with his snobby, rich, untouchable status. He felt his father would approve and it would make good conversation with Death eaters who asked him about school. Extracurriculares were suitable small talk for people who didn't want to talk, right?

He expected Draco would do all the work, and then they'd all get credit. Turns out blondie didn't seem to care himself and probably expected the same from the rest when volunteering. However it appeared Theodore would actually be useful, of which he did not anticipate.

"So." The professor of pink giggled yet again and every student present felt the sudden urge to repeatedly bang their own heads against the pink walls. "Doesn't anyone have anything to report?" Her smile ceased to fade, but no one missed the dangerous glint in her eye, along with the single twitch of her left brow. She looked so calm but they could all recognise the hot fury that surely burned her icy veins.

"So no one has anything to share?" There was that infamous eye twitch again. "Hm?"

His head swung backwards as he released a low groan of detest. "I may or may not have something." His words were followed with a stiff grunt, a reaction to all the surprised eyes of his friends. He didn't fail to notice how Draco sat up in his seat with determination he did not attempt to conceal.

"Mr Nott." Her smile turned tiny and gleeful... it was horrifying, but none would admit that in her presence. "I've always known you'd be destined for great things." Draco's expression grew into a scowl due to the admiration of which was not directed to him. Theo was, by that point, wishing he had just kept quiet, maybe he could've left sooner if he had.