IX • More Angst

They pecked her cheeks. Why must everyone love her? he thought. She exchanged a total of 13 hellos and waves amongst the random individuals of Hogwarts, some of who, Theodore didn't even know existed. Then to add to the fury he was feeling due to her attention that she, by the way, didn't earn, the famous Gryffindor twins snuck up from behind her and gave her a kiss on each cheek.

He observed as Auroras face went aflame, her shoulders slowly rose upwards and she gave the most goofy grin he had ever seen. It was real, he could tell. This gave him an idea. Her weakness.

It wasn't her temper that would expose her. She only ever revealed her raw emotions and opinions when she was vulnerable, caught off guard. She needed to be surprised.

She wouldn't just reveal herself with a bit of unwanted flirting. She could tolerate that, she was probably flirted with by weirdos constantly. 

No. He needed to be cruel. He was going to pick and prod at her until she fractured, and when she was ultimately broken he would display her to everyone.

Why would he do this? Because his undeniable detest for the Flores girl continued to blossom and thrive to the point were, it was almost an obsession.

Aurora Flores had it all and he would rather pluck out his own eyes then have to spectate as she succeeded in every little aspect of her flawless existence. Aurora this. Aurora that. Fucking Aurora.

It hadn't occurred that in her presence he tended to focus on her entirely, for now he wouldn't give her the satisfaction, so he diverted his attention back to his dry toast and merely mediocre Shakespeare novel.

He preferred Macbeth.

Her very first DA class of the year was nearing. Only two more classes and then she would head straight for the lions den. Rory had received the impression that Professor Umbridges class
wouldn't exactly be a trip.

The older woman's introduction on the first night back had already given Rory an odd taste in her mouth, not only that, but Hermione deemed it necessary to vent to Aurora about her very first class.

Of course Harry managed to land himself a week of detention. She couldn't blame him. The boy was suffering. Aurora could only do so much, hugs and words of kindness could only go so far, sooner or later Harry was going to rebel his way into expulsion.

Her very first two classes flew by, it was time for defence against the dark arts. It was typical of Rory to dread classes shared with Slytherins, they tended to mock her and her Gryffindor peers but not only was this class going to be a Slytherin, Gryffindor playground of conflict but her teacher would undoubtedly favor the house of snakes. It was a pink, giggly version of Snape.

Rory had arrived exactly fifty two seconds after the designated time. She had an excuse, her braided hair, a mess, had fallen before her eyes as she attempted to balance a stack of necessary textbooks and class materials.

Thankfully, the door to the classroom had been left ajar by at least three inches, she wouldn't have to turn the knob. With caution she used her shoulder to pry the door open wider. When she'd slipped in the room, the entire classes attention was on her. She hadn't been that late. Apparently her new professor didn't agree.

The lady's face had morphed into one of pure disgust at the Gryffindor. Said Gryffindors pulse began to beat to the pace she didn't know was possible, all attention had diverted to solely her, it was bound to go badly.

"I don't appreciate tardiness." Was all the lady dressed head to toe in pink spat.

"So sorry, Professor. It's extremely difficult to handle all these text books." Her sneer only deepened.