I'm Listening

Walking back over he stands in front of him looking down at him "You're acting a bit weird Izzy" says Stede with another small laugh. Staring for a moment Izzy sighs before saying a single sentence "I don't think I'm going to do it.. at least for now" he walks out of the room leaving Stede really confused "Wait-Do What?" he says hearing the door close. 

"Stede?" he hears his name looking over at the bed "Ed you're awake" he says with a smile walking over. "What the fuck happened, Izzy's gone nuts!" Stede nods a bit. "How are you feeling?" Ed looks at his wrapped leg "It's nothing new.. I can probably walk if I wanted" Stede smiles "You probably shouldn't" he nods. "I-I'm sorry if I brought up some bad memories with you and Izzy t-that wasn't my intention-" he stops him "You didn't he's been dealing with this for a while, I never really listened to him cause it was always 'I still love you' and 'You hurt me' Yada Yada, it's just the same shit different day I swear" he says looking out the window. Looking at him with a small frown Stede sighs "Ed he told me some things while we were out on that dingy.. things you probably ignored that you shouldn't have" Ed looks at him "Really? Like what" Stede pulls up a small ottoman taking a seat. "W-Well to make it short.. he talked about how you made him feel. how special he felt to you and then you became distant.. I don't think you realize how much pain he is in, it was quite scary to be honest having him share such things.. considering he was going to kill me" he laughs a bit. Ed looks at him "He really said all of that?.. Huh.." he looks back out the window thinking 'Maybe I should listen for once..' he sighs catching Stede's attention "Do you want me to get him?" Ed nods hearing him get up and leave. 

Eventually Ed hear's some people talking from the open door, watching Izzy walk in after hearing toe door close knowing it was Stede he stares for a moment. Looking back out the window he hears him speak "You wanted me Sir?" Ed nods "Sit" he gestures to the ottoman. Sitting down Izzy stares at him "I wanted to apologize for shooting you-" Ed stops him "No need, it's happened before" he says not looking at him. Sitting in silence for a moment Ed finally looks over at him "Stede told me about what you said.. " Izzy looks at him with wide eyes "H-He did?" he nods. Looking down a bit Izzy feels his eyes well up with tears "H-How much did he tell you?" he says with a quiver in his voice. "Not much.. but enough to know that I need to hear more" he says in a soothing tone catching his glance seeing tears fall from his eyes. Turning to sit on the edge of the bed Ed widens his eyes a bit as he suddenly starts crying on his lap his head in his arms. "I'm listening.."

To Be Continued...