Breaking Bones

Heading back out onto the deck Izzy finds his way to Stede sitting on the far side of the ship looking out. "Bonnet we need to talk" he turns to him a bit nervous "A-Alright" he takes a hard swallow. "It's about Edward" Stede widens his eyes a bit "D-Did I do something wrong? Is he alright?" Izzy rolls his eyes "Just shut the hell up" he looks at him for a moment. "He's realized you're a distraction.. he is reconsidering reconciling relations with you, he asked me to come and tell you because he knows you're a distraction for him and he wouldn't be able to tell you because of that" Stede looks at him worried and confused. "W-What?.." he says stunned unable to utter anymore words "He didn't say a word about you and your crew staying aboard, but I doubt he'll kick all of you off. But for now, he wants to keep his distance romantically between you and him" Stede feels his eyes well up with tears. "But what about-" Izzy stops him "It was a test to see if it would work, but as I stated before he sees you as nothing but a distraction at the moment and would like to keep the relationship at bay" Stede sighs with a nod "Alright.. if that's what he wants" he looks down wiping his eyes. About to leave Izzy looks back "Oh and Bonnet" he catches his glance "I wouldn't go and ask him about it, it's a touchy subject" seeing Stede nod he leaves with a smile down the steps. 

Later into the day Izzy runs back into Ed "Oh Izzy, there you are what did Stede say?" Izzy remembers earlier coming up with something quick. "He wants to take a break from the relationship, considering he is attracted to me he didn't want to end it completely with you but just take some down time" Ed widens his eyes. Stepping back a bit to keep distance Izzy clears his throat "Just to let you know, I won't be accepting his advances out of care for you I couldn't bare to do that" Ed smiles a bit "Thank you Izzy.." he says a bit somber.  "Though.." catching his attention again Izzy continues "He asked that you and him not bring up the issue, ' it'll only make it awkward' were the words he used" Ed nod's looking a bit down. Patting his arm with a smile leaving him be, with the same smile plastered on his face muttering under his breath "This worked too well.." he says laughing a bit.

To Be Continued...