A New Beginning

(Izuka POV)

I still can't fathom all that had happened a few months ago. The words that were exchanged that night between us never left my mind. Ever since that day nothing has been the same. Even though I've come to terms with my feelings, I can't come to express them the way a normal person who isn't damaged beyond repair would. Even though I feel happy, I can't show it or even enjoy it.

Itachi and I have been taking thing REAL slow. After everything that has happened he and I both know that nothing will ever be the same and that it would take probably forever to forgive him for what he has done. We both agreed on taking things slow, by slow, I mean very slow. We are starting from the beginning, the way beginning.

It has only been three months since we confessed our feelings towards each other. We have agreed on starting from the beginning and start out as friends even introducing ourselves as if we're meeting for the first time. Everyone in the Akatsuki have noticed our behavior towards each other and have asked question about it. I have explained to them that Itachi and I were starting from the beginning. It has been very hard for me though. I'm happy with Itachi and being able to to talk to him again but I can't express it. I still have that cold scowl on my face.

Every time I want to smile while around Itachi something stops me from doing so. Was it the hate that I've harbored towards him for so many years? That must've been it; It has to be the reason. Or is it possible that I'm so use to bottling up my emotions that its easier to shut them all away instead of letting them out now. I need to talk to someone about it but I can't talk to Itachi about it; I'm too scared.

Every time I'm around Itachi or even think of him I get butterflies and my heart literally jumps but I can't show it. I love being around him and always want to be with him but I find it so hard to actually tell him that and I don't know how to begin. I can't get him out of my head even in my dreams he's there.

I feel so happy but then, it gets ruined when the whole massacre pops into my head or I see the scar just near my heart that Itachi had inflicted upon me. When I see him I can also tell that it's difficult to express himself too. After being in the Akatsuki for so long he's not use to being able to show emotion but he's doing a lot better than me.

When we're away from the others he smiles and even does most of the talking. Surprisingly he has a lot to talk about. When we were little he ways had problems with keeping up conversations. Now it is me who is having trouble. I never know what to say to him. He mostly talks about books that he has read over the years or all sorts of various jutsu he knows of have heard of.

At time like these I have many flashbacks of our childhood when we were always together. It feels like we're back to that time but it can never be that way again. I wish that it could be but we both know that it will never happen. When I look at Itachi I see the young child he once was but in a flash it's gone and replaced by the killer who destroyed the Uchiha clan all those years ago.

It has been quite awhile since I have last contacted the Leaf Village but so far there has been nothing to report. For the last three months I've been only with Itachi and no one else. Everything has been very slow lately ever since the capture  of the Kazekage. Deidara though hasn't been happy that Sasori died because Tobi is his new partner.

The rest of the members have been going out on simple assassination missions but now we've been Lounging around the base not doing much. Many have questioned Itachi and I's relationship wondering how I managed to forgive him after what he had done. Over and over again I have told them that I haven't forgave him at all and I made him completely aware of that.