Yoichi's identity

I am soooooo sorry! Which you probably have noticed i havent been on wattpad in weeks and if i am then its only for a few minutes. I haven't been writing or even reading for a while and really need to catch up. December is my busiest month and hopefully i'll have more free time to write. I don't know if i will be able to upload Two Paths but i'll try if not then i'll upload it tomorrow.

Enjoy

Izuka led Yoichi to an opening where she set the wood down and made hand signs.

"Fire style: fire ball jutsu."

The fire was lit so they both sat down around the fire. Izuka held the owl in her arms starting to pluck the feathers off. Yoichi watched Izuka intrigued on how she gently plucked the feathers off. Once all the feathers were off she cut off some pieces of the owl putting them on a stick. She rolled up her sleeves revealing the scar that ran down her arm. Yoichi eyed the scar on her arm remembering her words about scars.

Izuka knew that he had seen the scar but she was glad that he didn't mention it. She inspected the meat judging that it was ready so she gave half to Yoichi which he gladly took and scarffed it down. She ate her meal slowly watching as Yoichi devoured his meal.

"When's the last time you ate?" Izuka questioned.

"A few days," Yoichi answered with his mouth full.

The wind started to blow making the air cold causing Yoichi to shiver. Izuka sighed and reached behind her pulling out a scroll. She made a hand sign making a puff of smoke appear. As it cleared there was an extra cloak folded neatly laying on the scroll. She picked it up then threw it towards Yoichi.

"Here, it'll keep you warm for tonight." She said as he caught it.

"Thanks, what about you?"

"I'll be fine,"

"How much longer until we get there?"

"Not long, we'll be there either tomorrow or the next day. Get some rest, you need it."

Yoichi laid down on the ground facing the fire closing his eyes. Izuka stared at the fire not feeling a bit tired. She watched Yoichi as he started to fall asleep. His breathing was steady and slowing down.

"Why did I come across Yoichi? What is the purpose? I was about to leave him but something made me save him." Izuka said to herself.

She laid on her back with her arms under her head and stared up at the stars in the night sky as she always does when sleeping out in the wilderness. She took in a deep breath while clearing her thoughts. She then began to wonder what was happening to the her friends who were fighting the Akatsuki. She felt bad for leaving them with those psychos but if she even showed mercy towards the Leaf her cover would have been blown. She knew though that they would be able to handle themselves and would win.

Out of the corner of her eye Izuka saw Yoichi stir. She recalled h what he had said about his scars saying that they shape who you are. She looked down at her own scars wondering how they shape her own life. The scar on her arm....from that she protected the ones that she loved, the one on her chest from Itachi....it made her an emotional wreck, the other scar she got from Orochimaru from attempting to save the one who kept her sane after the massacre. The scars from when she was tortured made her more tolerant to pain and can endure any torture imaginable.

The scars all did shape her into the person that she is now. Honestly she didn't like the person that she was now. Always having to fight and kill just to live. One dream that she had that no one ever knew was just to be normal. A normal citizen had it easy. They didn't risk their lives everyday protecting the ones that they loved. Izuka looked down at her arm moving the sleeve out of the way to get a better look at her scar.