No show

(Kakashi's POV)

I was waiting at the front gates of Konoha with Asuma and Kurenai waiting for Gai and Izuka. All the Jonin and Izuka had a mission today for Lady Hokage to collect information. After a while we saw Gai approach.

"Why are you late? Even Kakashi was on time." Kurenai scolded earning a glare from Kakashi.

"I'm sorry but I was looking for Izuka. I couldn't find her anywhere." Gai replied.

"Strange........Izuka would've been the first one here...She's never late..."

"She's probably with Sasuke.....Something happened yesterday between him and Naruto so she's worried.....We don't really need her on this mission anyway. If she does come then she can find us easily." I said.

She had to be with Sasuke........there's no other explanation for her absence.

"Alright then...If you say so Kakashi!" Gai shouted enthusiastically.

We all sweat dropped and headed out on our mission. None of us knew why Lady Tsunade sent all of us on this mission on just gathering information but orders are orders. My mind wondered back to Izuka. It's not like her to miss a mission like this despite something personal happening. Her break from missions was over once she got out of the hospital and I would expect her to be back on her feet.

She's been complaining about being bored without missions so she should be here. I guess she's still upset about Sasuke and Naruto's fight. Sigh what are we going to do with those two Genin?

"Kakashi be alert." Asuma scolded.

"Huh? Oh sorry."

"What's on your mind Kakashi?" Kurenai questioned.

"Worried about Izuka?" Gai guessed.

"Yeah,"

"She'll be fine Kakashi," Asuma assured.

"Yeah she probably skipped out on it because she thought it was too easy for her. She wants a harder mission not a gathering information one." Kurenai said.

"Yeah you know how Izuka is; she needs a challenge." Gai commented with a smile.

"I guess you guys are right."

"See, Izuka was always a strong ninja. She'll probably waiting for us at the gates when we come back asking us about how easy the mission is."

"She has her reasons, let's just get this mission over with so we can go back home and see our annoying genin." Asuma sighed.

"They're not that annoying."

"Maybe not our teams but what about Kakashi's?" Kurenai laughed.

"True, he does have Naruto and Sasuke on his team. I hear that they fight a lot while Sakura beats up Naruto."

"Well it does get a little annoying," I sighed.

"I don't know how you do it Kakashi. I would've ripped my hair out on the first day."

"They grow on you after a while."

"Or are you just resisting to kill them because you know that Izuka will kill you if you hurt her brothers?"

Asuma did have a point with that. Just thinking about Izuka mad sent shivers down my spine.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said.

"Ha you're afraid of your own best friend!" Gai laughed.

"Wouldn't you be scared of her too? She's been an ANBU captain for a long time now and is an Uchiha. We don't know what she's capable of; for all we know she could be holding out of us. Plus no one has seen her fight in a long time but from what shape Orochimaru was in after she fought him she's strong."