The Mission

With a brief goodbye to Itachi, I left the hideout heading towards the Sand village, I've never been on a solo mission before since I joined the Akatsuki so I'm guessing Leader finally trusts me. When I was far enough from the hideout I summoned one of my panthers. 

"You summoned me master?" Kato my teenage panther said.

"Deliver a message to the Leaf village letting them know that I'm on a solo mission to spy on Orochimaru." I ordered.

"Of course," He bowed.

Once he was gone I hurried to the wind country, I found that it would be an excellent idea to not wear my Akatsuki cloak for it would bring attention to myself which would lead to unnecessary fighting on my part leaving me with no energy or chakra if I run into one of Orchimaru's followers.

I've accepted that on this mission I will run into Sasuke,. I've noticed that over these years I haven't thought of him as if he didn't exist. I guess that its because I'd rather him be dead then train under Orochimaru. I'm also quite nervous to see him again. Most likely Orochmairu knows that I'm with the Akatsuki and has told Sasuke which probably makes him hate me now.

"Just how strong has Sasuke gotten over these past years?" I wondered as I crossed the boarder to the wind country.

I slowed to a walk as I entered the sand. The temperature has increased wildly causing me to sweat. As I traveled through the desert I searched for any chakra signatures which I'm guessing will be under the sand.

"Izuka," Leader's voice boomed in my head.

"Yes?"

"Zetsu has informed me that one of Orochimaru's henchmen have been spotted north of your location." He informed.

"Alright, I'm on it."

I headed north to where Leader said they were spotted. In the distance I felt two chakra signatures; it was faint but enough to track. I suppressed my chakra and ran towards the chakra signatures. When I finally caught up to them I hid behind a rock that was fortunately there. Two figures were up ahead performing a series of hand signs then slammed their hands into the sand below them.

I copied the hand signs with my Sharingan. After a few seconds the sand below them began to shake and a small passage rose from the ground then they went into it which caused it to disappear. I waited in my spot for a while wanting to make sure that no one else would come out. Once the coast was clear I proceeded to where the passage  was a preformed the exact hand signs I copied.

When the passage rose I quickly slipped in only to be greeted with utter darkness. At the end of the hall I could see a dim light from a torch  I searched for anyone near by but I could only sense a few people far away from my current location. Cautiously, I approached the dim torch looking for any traps that could be triggered.

If I know Orochimaru  he'll be extremely cautious with his hideouts since the Akatsuki and the world are looking for him. He'd want to know who was able to locate and reach his hideout then experiment on them. Suddenly my foot pressed into the ground triggering a trap. The ground caved in not giving me time to react.

I tried to grab onto the wall but there was nowhere to grip. I looked below seeing spikes sticking  not even millimeters apart. Even the most skilled ninja wouldn't be able to dodge those; they're too close together for your foot to touch without getting stabbed. I reached into my bag pulling out some wire. I tied a loop and threw it out of the hole and it wrapped around the holder of the torch above. Unfortunately  once I gripped onto the wire it cut my hand and the holder broke causing me to fall again. I looked down seeing that I'm getting closer and closer to the bottom.