Interesting night

While Itachi was packing everything that he needed the thought of Izuka traveling with them hasn't left his mind. He was now going to travel with Izuka......He was thrilled but also worried. She might try to escape or even kill him.

"This is going to be interesting," Itachi thought.

Itachi reached the entrance of the base seeing Kisame and Izuka waiting for him. He noticed that Izuka was wearing her Akatsuki cloak which looked good on her.

"Where do we head first?" Kisame asked.

"Head North," Itachi said walking past Kisame exiting the base.

Kisame and Izuka followed behind him.

"I. Hate. This." Izuka thought.

For miles they walked in silence passing villages and people until it was getting dark.

"We'll rest here," Itachi said.

Kisame got some wood while Itachi made the fire and Izuka was laying on her back staring up at the sky. Both boys sat around the fire in silence making food which Kisame caught in the forest when he was collecting wood.

"Want some Izuka?" Kisame asked handing her some food.

All Izuka did was raise her arm with her hand opened awaiting the food. Kisame got the message and threw a now cooked bunny towards Izuka which she easily caught. It was starting to get a little chilly out so Izuka involuntary shivered.

"It's June why is it still cold at night?" Izuka complained.

As time went by it started to get colder making the stubborn Izuka shiver. She looked over to where the boys were to see that Kisame was sleeping while Itachi was staring at the fire. Begrudgingly Izuka got up from her spot and sat close to the fire lying on her side. Itachi watched her as she stared at the fire. Izuka then let out a yawn while stretching which Itachi found cute.

Knowing that Itachi wanted to keep watch and probably wanted to keep an eye on her, Izuka knew she didn't have to ask if he wanted to keep watch. Slowly she started to fall asleep trying to keep the thought of Itachi watching her all night out of her mind.

A few hours later Izuka was fast asleep and Itachi couldn't help but watch her. He took in her beauty; she looked completely different since he left and more grown up. She didn't look like a little kid anymore but a mature adult. For once she looked relaxed and calm unlike the cold killer she made everyone believe. Part of him wished she had died that night instead of dealing with the pain he had caused her all those years. Looking down he took out his necklace holding it in his hand. A memory popped into his mind of when he got it.

*Flash back!*

When everyone left it was just Izuka and I. We started to walk into the forest and when we were far enough we stopped to faced each other. Izuka got out my present.

"Happy birthday Itachi," She said handing me a box.

I opened it and pulled out a necklace that was in the shape of the Uchiha crest. Inside was a picture of us when we kissed. I smiled, put it on, then kissed her. I then held out my hand and a sheath appeared in them.

"Here, happy birthday Izuka!"

She took it and the cover had the Uchiha crest on it with her name on it. She took the sword out and the sword was black with a purple handle. The handle had the Uchiha crest on it also. On the blade there was something in graved. It said 'I will love you always.' She looked at me and hugged me.

"I love you Itachi."

"I love you too Izuka."

*END*