Boy Talk

"Okay so let me get this straight," Stiles said over the phone, "You met your cute new coworker today, and you're freaking out because when you looked at him, he dropped a bag of cat food and he had to help you pick it up. Then you said something to upset him but you aren't sure what. You found out he was going to our school and is our age, that he has a younger brother, AND, you got his number. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything."

Scott sighed, "Nope, that's about it."

"I don't see the problem, dude, You work with a cute guy, which automatically means you get to spend time with said cute guy. Where's the problem?"

"Stiles, did you forget the part where I fucking embraced myself in front of him?"

"No but I have a feeling he'll be able to look past the cat food incident when he hears about the claws and fangs." Stiles countered.

Scott rolled his eyes, "Dude, really?"

"Yes, 'really' you're overthinking this. So you made a weird first impression, who cares. You're fucking Scott McCall, captain of the lacrosse team and the fucking Alpha, I think you can handle a crush."

"God, okay, yeah, but dude..." Scot paused, "He's so fucking cute though, like seriously, and like hot too like I don't even know how that's allowed."

Stiles laughed, "God dude, you're down bad, you saw the guy for like ten minutes. This some weird wolfy thing I don't know about."

Scott rolled his eyes again, "No, I don't think so anyway, he's just so fucking attractive it hurts."

"Okay well now I need to see this man, he sounds too good to be true. Maybe he'll be a fucking asshole, or like, secretly hates puppies, or ya know, again, wolfy will scare him away."

"I don't even wanna think about that dude. Like how the hell do you tell someone that kind of thing?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm sure if you ever needed to we could figure something out. It might be a lot at first but anyone who actually cared about you would be okay with it in time.'

There was a long silence on Scotts end.

"Yo, Scott?"

"Dude, sorry you just got really deep for a second it kinda freaked me out."

"Oh fuck off go deal with your boy problems on your own."

"No Stiles sorry fine, whatever, look I'm just saying, it's gonna be different, dating I mean, cause people are after me now. I wouldn't want them to get hurt.'

"I get that Scott, but you can't help your feelings, plus no ones been seriously injured in a long time, and if there's anything like me, ya know, the human, they'd be fine holding back a bit while you fight whatever demon or monster is trying to tear our heads off."

Scott laughed, "Yeah I guess you're right."

"Oh Shit wait did you hear what happened with Greenberg?' Stiles asked.

"No, what?" And they fell into comfortable conversation. Scott's anxiety fading as his attention was brought elsewhere.

Liam closed the car door, grabbing the bags out of the back. "Wait so he just dropped it?"

"Yeah," Isaac said, "I thought maybe he had earbuds in or something, ya know he didn't hear us come in but he didn't, I don't know it was like he panicked."

"After he looked at you, you mean?" Liam smirked.

Isaac blushed, "I don't know, I mean yeah, kinda, but I doubt that was why."

Liam chuckled, opening the door and setting the bags down on the table.

"Yeah well, seeing as apparently you two were both a little preoccupied ogling each other, It seems Deaton and I are the only ones who really saw both sides, but Deaton isn't here, so you get me. He was totally into you, dude." Liam started pulling things out of the bags, bringing them to their appropriate locations.

"I- really? You think so?" Isaac asked with nervous excitement.

"Christ, yes, due. He wouldn't fucking take his eyes off you for 1, and 2 did you hear how he asked for your number, It was like a cliché rom-com."

Isaac couldn't get the blush off his cheeks, and frankly he was okay with it. He had known Scott for all of 2 minutes, but he knew a few things for certain. 1, he was fucking adorable, 2 didn't get a long well with cats, and 3 seemed genuinely nice.

"Look, dude, you'll see him on Monday probably, and , ya know, everyday at work, so just scope it out, see how it feels, and if you want to ask him out or something, I don't know." Liam was in the bathroom putting away shampoo, when there was a knock at the door.

Both of them froze, instinctually squatting low to the floor to avoid being seen through the windows.

"Di-did you see who it was?" Liam said quietly down the hall. Isaac shook his head, took a deep breath and made his way to the door. He opened it slowly and was met with none other than Deaton.

"Oh hey, what are you doing here?" There was still a hint of nervousness in his tone but his voice was steady.

"Oh well after you both left, the cashier next door went out to look for you, see as you forgot this." Deaton held out one of the bags. By this point Liam had made his way around the corner after recognizing the voice.

"Oh thanks, I knew I thought I was missing something, thanks Deaton." Liam said, grabbing the bag and scanning over it's contents. He was about to turn around to go put them away when he paused and looked back at Deaton smirking. "Hey Deaton?" He said, a smirk evident on his face.

"Yes?" Deaton Questioned.

"You know Scott right?" And suddenly Isaac caught wind of what he was doing, his face turned bright red, but he couldn't manage to say anything. "Okay listen, so I only saw him with Isaac for like two minutes, but you were there for way long,, now, i don't know about you, but given what I saw, AND, what Isaac has said I think it's fairly obvious there is something going on their, even if it's not big, it's something. Your thoughts?"

Deaton seemed slightly taken aback by the whole thing. But he reached up to stroke his chin with a smile, pretending to think before concluding, "Well Liam I think I'd have to agree with you on that one, in your words there is definitely 'something going on there'" Deaton chuckled and Liam's smirk only grew. Isaac's head whipped around to look at Deaton with wide eyes.

"I-really?" He asked.

"Isaac you're a smart guy, I can't imagine you're truly that oblivious, although, now that I think about it, it is possible you were both equally distracted and didn't make the connection. Scott didn't seem to focus while he was cleaning up. I probably shouldn't be saying this, it seems unfair to leave Scott out of this conversation." Deaton concluded.

"Oh I could text him." Liam reached in his pocket.
"No! Don't you dare" Isaac stopped Liam's hand,"Christ, I think I need to lay down."

"You do that." Liam patted Isaac on the back as he walked towards the stairs, "Deaton are you thirsty perhaps, I just bought some tea." Liam said, raising the bag.

Deaton chuckled, "You know Liam, I think I'll take you up on that."

Isaac made his way upstairs. He could hear the quiet chattering of Liam and Deaton downstairs, every once in a while they would laugh, Liam more than Deaton, but still. Isaac's brain seemed to short circuit for a second. This was it. This was the plan. Liam and him had a home, and everything they could really need thanks to Deaton. The jobs seemed difficult, but in the kind of way that keeps it interesting, that lets you do something and not get bored on the first day. Plus animals are adorable. They were making friends, or maybe more than that. Scott seemed really cool, and he mentioned helping them at school. Having someone to gravitate towards on the first day, someone other than Liam, who might actually know what's going on, helped to relieve the "new student" anxiety just a bit.

This was the real start of the rest of their lives, and Isaac got butterflies just thinking about it.