Hole In the Wall

Normally Theo would have hesitated to bang on his teacher's door before the sun had even risen. Most people probably would have, although he wasn't sure what other scenario that would actually occur in. Today, however, he didn't think twice before ringing the doorbell incessantly. Through the door he could hear a loud groan of annoyance and footsteps coming down the stairs as he yelled.

"Who in the hell decides to show up at someone's house at 5 in the-" the door swung open, Coach stood there in a robe, eyes widening when they registered Theo standing in the doorway, "Oh, well... nice to see you. What can I help you wi-"

"I'll join the team," Theo said flatly.

Coach's face lit up, "Really? This is fantastic! We're never gonna lose now! And you're a junior so I got another year with you! Of course after that no other team is gonna come close, they'll all be huge disappointments-"

Theo cut him off again, this time raising a hand, desperately hoping that he'd stop talking, "If," he pressed, "you give me that truck you showed me."

Coach paused, "Oh that thing, yeah sure." He strode back into his house, grabbing an old pair of keys off a table, "It's in the back around the corner there," he pointed around the house towards his backyard, "Radio works fine but I think the windows are broken. The registration isn't up to date, so maybe don't drive it anywhere out of town. I know you're friends with that Stilinski kid so you shouldn't have a problem." he tossed Theo the keys, but aimed almost entirely past his head. Theo caught them easily, "perfect," Coach muttered under his breath. "Can you make practice today?" He asked.

"Uh, no." he started, "I just wanna sort some stuff out, I've been doing some other stuff after school, and I should probably look into the game a little, but, uh," he thought about the timeline, "Next week. Next week I will be there I promise."

Coach nodded, "Good. Oh and by the way," He stepped back placing his hand on the door, "Now that I'm your coach I wanna make it clear," Theo nodded, "don't you ever show up at my goddamn house again," he slammed the door.

A small smile broke out onto Theo's face and he waited until he heard Coach go upstairs to round the corner. The truck itself was fairly old, but it turned on, and the engine sounded alright, for the most part. The outside appearance was about as good as you'd expect. The edges were rusting around the wheel, and some of the paint was scratched off and chipped in several places. The paint that was left, covering the majority of it, was a dark red color.

The moment he turned the key it sounded like it was trying to die, and Theo started to question whether or not it would even be safe to drive it for more than a mile. He'd never been a car guy, never had the time to look into them very much. What he did know was that Stiles managed to keep his jeep running–far longer than it should– with a roll of duct tape and pure spite. He'd have to borrow it when he got back to the McCall house.

The suspension on the car was shotty at best, and everytime he tried to slow down the wheels would screech together in a noise that sounded like someone running over a mouse. Nonetheless, he managed to make it without having to pull over. The others all met him outside, and even without werewolf hearing they could hear him coming.

Liam raised his eyebrows at Theo when he stepped out of the truck, "T, I don't think that things gonna make it."

Beside him Stiles shook his head, "Nope, I got this. I had the same issue with the break last year, I got this."

With little else but a roll of duct tape and an eye roll from Derek, they left Stiles to it.

They all gathered inside the kitchen, ready to hash out a slightly more succinct plan. When they had first arrived Melissa had immediately pulled Isaac and Liam into tight hugs. Reassuring both of them that everything would be okay, she would do everything in her power to make sure they were safe. They both loved Melissa, and although neither of them might ever admit it–out of respect– she was like a mother to them both.