Sleep, Food, and The Truth

Scott normally liked to sleep in on Saturday's. Most of his lacrosse games usually happened on Friday nights, and he always found himself completely knocked out afterwards, even with the werewolf strength (which he didn't let himself use when he played). They'd lost last night's game, but it was close, 14-12. Immediately after, everyone piled into Stiles Jeep and Isaac's car. They made their way back to Isaac and Liam's house, stopping to grab pizza on the way. Scott ate quickly before he found himself growing increasingly more and more tired. He let himself get dragged up the stairs by Isaac and Theo after he almost fell asleep at the kitchen island.

Scott would have slept in until 3:00 in the afternoon. He would have slept through the entire day, if it weren't for the most fucking amazing thing he'd every smelled wafting it's way through the house from the kitchen.

Scott stirred. The smell overcoming his senses. His face was resting on Isaac's chest. He could hear the sound of his steady heartbeat, he was still asleep. Scott sat up slowly, and huffed a laugh at the state of Isaac's unruly hair. He slid off the bed, careful not to wake Isaac, and made his way out of his room.

As he made his way closer to the stairs the smell only continued to grow. He slipped down the stairs, quietly, and rounded the corner at the base. Like most mornings after everyone's hung out, those who stayed over were asleep in the living room. Scott had no recollection of Derek coming over last night, but there he was, asleep on the couch with Stiles.

When he turned the corner and looked down towards the kitchen, he was fairly surprised to see Theo standing there. Something was cooking in a skillet on the stove top. An arrangement of food was scattered around the counter. A plate of pancakes was sitting in the corner next to an impressive pile of bacon and a surprising number of various eggs.

Scott noticed the earbuds Theo had in his ears, he waved an extravagant hand in front of Theo to get his attention. Theo jumped slightly in surprise.

He pulled one of the earbuds from his ear and smiled at Scott awkwardly, "Oh, hey, morning."

Scott smiled, "Morning. What's all this?"

"Uh, I guess it's sort of a thank you?" Theo said, moving another pancake over to the pile. "You all helped me deal with those guys, and you, Scott, you're letting me live in your house. I just felt like I haven't really done anything to thank you all for it. The least I could do is make you guys food."

"I think that's fair," a voice said from the living room. They both turned to see Stiles sitting up from the couch, still basically sitting on Derek. Derek's eyes blinked open and landed on Stiles immediately. He growled slightly and pulled Stiles back down. Stiles chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, I get it you're a possessive asshole, but I'm hungry!" He maneuvered his way out of Derek's arms, falling on the floor in front of the couch with a thud. Derek groaned but closed his eyes again.

Scott raised an eyebrow at him. Despite the whole Derek and Stiles thing being a relatively common occurrence, Stiles had not once spoken about it to Scott. He was initially waiting for Stiles to bring it up before he said anything, but at this point it had been weeks and still nothing. He was going to bring it up. He was. But... maybe not with Derek in ear shot.

Theo wasn't as subtle. "When did he even get here? I went to sleep last and he wasn't here before I went to sleep."

Stiles face reddened and Scott picked up on the slight jump in Derek's, usually steady, heartbeat.

"He, uh-" Stiles stuttered.

"I was bored, figured things would be more interesting here," Derek's voice came from the other room as he sat up, semi-reluctantly.