Like The Water

Isaac stayed behind the tree line, watching the others push in. He wanted to run in, so desperately, but he knew getting shot, or killed wasn't what was best for Liam. All the guards near the entrance were passed out on the ground, or dead, by the time Isaac and the other non-werewolves of the group made it inside. They opted to start searching for Liam. Splinting off into groups of two. Derek went with Stiles, Malia went with Lydia, and Scott, Theo and Isaac went together.

"If anyone finds him, call me!" Isaac yelled as they went down different hallways.

Scott led them down to the basement. The building was incredibly run down, broken pipes running water onto the stairs. It was dark, Isaac couldn't make out much at the bottom of the stairs, but he trusted Scott. Theo stood behind Isaac on the stairs watching their back. When they reached the bottom, Scott and Theo did a quick sweep of the room. Checking every possible place someone might be hiding.

Along both sides of the hall there was a series of cells. They were small, and dirty, the room smelled like death, and it made Isaac's heart race. To his left, only one was open, an open lock and chain resting on the floor, and an empty water bottle laying on the ground.

"He was here," Theo said.

"How do you know for certain it was him? They could have had someone else here." Isaac asked.

"I can smell him, he was here." He explained.

"You can smell him?" Scott asked.

"You can't?" Theo countered.

"No, I can't."

"I guess I'm more used to it. I can't actually remember the last time I didn't rely on my sense of smell. But he was definitely here." Theo looked around the cell and the room, smelling the air.

"Do you think it might be helpful if you, y'know." Isaac gestured to him.

Theo shook his head, "Earlier when I tried to shift back again it was incredibly difficult, and it hurt like hell. I can tell he went that way." Theo pointed up towards a star case. "If we don't find him soon I'll shift again.''

Isaac nodded.

Suddenly they heard footsteps coming from down the staircase Theo had gestured too. Isaac had hope in his heart, but it was washed away in seconds when he caught a glimpse of the figure. A man came running down the steps and froze, eyes wide, when they landed on the three of them. He was a lean short man, with a scar running down his right arm.

Scott bolted towards him. The man turned, desperately trying to run. Scott grabbed the neck of his shirt roughly. He lifted the shorter man off the ground, shoving him against the wall with his forearm pressed against his neck.

"Where the hell is Liam?" Scott growled. Eyes flashing red.

The man was shaking violently, fear in his eyes. He tried to speak, stuttering over every letter.

"Tell me or I'm going to rip your hand off and feed it to you, then beat the hsit out of you until you bleed out on the floor." Theo said, behind Scott, through gritted teeth. His tone even made Isaac's skin crawl.

The man went even more white with fear.

"T-th-he -b-boy, he's o-out th-there." He lifted his shaking arm to point towards the stairs at the other end of the hall. They followed his hand. There was a small amount of light visible from where they were standing. Scott looked back at him, glaring at him for a moment before he punched the man square in the face, and he was out cold, letting him fall to the floor. Isaac thought most of these people would probably die out here, but they took Liam, so he didn't care.