Far More Important Things

The group sat comfortably around the lunch table. The room was loud, groups of people separating into their usual groups and tables. They were sitting over in the back corner. Malia was talking to Liam about how much she hated her Psychology teacher because he gave her "weird vibes." Stiles was whispering to Lydia about something. Isaac and Scott were sitting next to each other, talking quietly with their hands held underneath the table, resting on Scott's knee.

"Neither of us work tonight." Isaac said.

Scott nodded, "Yeah I know,"

"Usually Liam and I just end up hanging out and watching a movie or something, so... do you wanna maybe... come over tonight? I know Li wouldn't care." Isaac rubbed the back of his neck with his hand nervously.

Scott smiled, "Sure. After school or later?"

"If you wanna ride home with us you can."

"Okay sure," Scott squeezed Isaac's hand and they both smiled.

"Stop being happy, it makes me sad," Liam whined.

"You literally tried to set us up, what are you talking about?" Isaac countered.

"Yeah well, I didn't think it through I guess."

"Hey don't worry Liam, we can find you someone." Stiles smiled.

Liam just chuckled, "I'm kidding, but thank you."

"Hey Li, Scott's gonna come home with us." Isaac said.

"Oh god, now the happiness is being dragged to my own home!" He pretended to slam his head on the table.

"Seriously, Li, you good with that?"

"Of course, do you actually think I'd say no? Plus I have to talk to Scott about something anyway."

"Really," Scott and Isaac said in unison.

"First, never do that again. Second, yes, and it's important."

The bell rang.

"Alright, we'll I'll see you guys at the car after school."

Liam was leaning against the passenger door, in the parking lot, when he saw Scott walking towards the car. He had a content smile on his face, but Liam could see he was nervous.

"Hey, you see Isaac?" Liam asked.

Scott shook his head, and looked behind him back at the school, "We have the last period together but I had to go to my locker to grab one of my textbooks. I guess I beat him out here." He turned back to look at Liam, a question making its way to his tongue, "By the way," he said, "What was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Liam smirked, his eyes not leaving Scott's, "Don't worry about it, we'll talk later." Scott looked like he wanted to say something, but Liam interrupted him, "Hey Isaac!" he called. Scott turned around and saw Isaac walking back from the school.

"Hey, we ready to go?" He asked, he looked over at Scott, "You okay? You look a little... well I don't really know what, nervous?"

Scott just smiled genuinely at Isaac, "Yeah a little, but I'm fine."

"Liam what did you say," Isaac squinted his eyes at Liam.

"Believe me, I haven't even started yet, and he slid into the passenger's seat.

Isaac rolled his eyes and squeezed Scott's hand before making his way over to the driver's side door. Scott slid into the backseat. The car ride was quiet. The radio playing softly. They weren't uncomfortable, It was just quiet.