Warm

Isaac and Scott had quickly run up the steps when they noticed Theo had disappeared. Scott checked around the clearing quickly before running towards the car to check it for passengers, or any sign of where Liam or Theo had gone.

"Where the hell is he?" Isaac asked, looking around the clearing.

"I don't know. I just hope maybe he found something, not sure why he would run though," Scott was diving things around in the car. He dropped down the visor and a pair of keys fell onto the seat. "Well," he said, "on the bright side, if we do find him, we have a way to get out of here."

He threw the keys at Isaac, who caught them and looked down at them in his hands.

"God I hope he's okay," there was a slight shake to his voice.

Scott came closer to him and grasped his forearm, resting his other hand in Isaac's chin and making him look at him. "Listen, it's going to be okay, we'll find him, I promise,"

Isaac smiled weakly but accepted it when Scott pulled him into a hug. Both of them breathing together, trying to relax. Suddenly Scott's head shot up, and he looked out towards the dark forest. They could barely see past the tree line.

"what is it?" Isaac asked.

"Shh, someone's coming," he whispered.

Isaac stiffened, stepping just slightly behind Scott. He heard the person this time. The quiet snap of a branch in the distance. The footsteps were heavy, but at a steady pace. They both stared out into the direction of the person, cautiously waiting for them to appear.

The figure came through the dark and Isaac started to breathe again. That is, until he noticed what was in the figure's arms. Liam was out cold, leaning against his chest. Isaac bolted over towards them, Scott right behind him. Theo continued to make steps closer to them.

"Fuck, what the hell happened? Liam!" Isaac was looking at the blood starting to dry on his scalp.

"Shh! He's okay. Still alive at least. His head looks worse than it actually is, I promise. He almost got shot, but the guy that was trying to hurt him is dead about three quarters of a mile that way," Theo gestured with his head towards the woods where he had come from, "Although I do suggest you get the others and you all get the hell out of here."

Isaac stood shocked and surprised, eyes flicking between wanting to grab Liam and bring him to a hospital and realizing that he really didn't want to wake Liam up. He was also incredibly pissed off that someone had tried to shoot his brother, but thankful for Theo saving him.

"Where are you gonna go?" Scott asked Theo, his words bringing Isaac back into the conversation.

Theo just shrugged, careful not to move Liam too much, "I don't know, south maybe."

They both looked surprised, "You're leaving?" Isaac asked.

Theo gave them a shy smile, but they could both tell he really didn't want to be saying what he was, "I've- uh, caused enough trouble here, no need for me to stay and fuck up anyone else life but me own."

Scott looked frustrated, "No."

"What?" Theo raised an eyebrow.

"I said," Scott repeated, "No. You aren't leaving. You've been trapped with those psychopaths for years and unless you want to tell me you've got another family somewhere waiting for you then, no. You aren't leaving. WE are bringing Liam to the hospital and then YOU are going to come with me while we talk to my mom about some things."

Theo stood shocked for a few moments before nodding once.

"Great, now you two, take the keys and get in the car, make sure it starts. I'm going to get the others." Scott split off heading back towards the building.

Theo and Isaac both stared off in his direction for a few long seconds before Liam shifted in Theo's arms. They both looked at him quickly. Theo tried to hold him just a little tighter, making sure he didn't slip. They both watched as Liam pressed his face further into Theo's chest. He breathed deeply and his body relaxed against Theo. Theo blushed immediately, and looked away from him, but his eyes met Isaac's and he wished he hadn't looked up.

Isaac's face had twisted from panic, to worry, to confusion, and then he was glaring at Theo. Now obviously, if it came down to it, and Isaac and Theo got into an argument and things escalated or something, Theo could easily win. However, if he wasn't fully aware of the fact that at any moment he could shift into a wolf and run into the forest, he would have been very very scared. Currently though he was just a little intimidated.

"The only reason I'm not taking him from you is because I don't want to wake him up, now let's go," Isaac turned, and they made their way to the car.

Theo gently laid Liam in the back seat, taking off his own sweatshirt and using it to support his head like a pillow. The car was difficult to start at first, but after a couple courses and Isaac slamming his fist into the horn, the car roared with life.

"Fuck yeah," Theo said. Isaac smiled.

The others were making their way up to the truck as soon as the engine started. They all piled in. The werewolves climbed into the truck bed, and the humans, apparently banshee according to Scott, climbed into the inside.

They drove swiftly to Beacon Hills Hospital, everyone in the back ducking down so they weren't arrested.

When they pulled into the parking lot Scott jumped out and ran in to get his mom. Theo, who was still stronger than Isaac, despite his annoyance, carried Liam inside. There weren't a lot of people around, thankfully. Which meant less people asking questions that they really didn't want to know the answer to.

"Hey, guys, I'm Melissa." Isaac smiled at her, "This must be Liam," She looked down at the boy in Theo's arms, "Bring him this way."

She led them down a hallway quickly and filed all of them into a room, standing by the door to make sure no one questioned them. Theo set Liam down on the bed and took a few steps away. Isaac rested his hand on Theo's shoulder and gave him a kind smile.

Melissa came in and started doing her thing. She examined his head. Running a few tests and determining that he had a fairly severe concussion, which was obvious, but that he would only need a few stitches. She explained that he would probably be out for a while, so if they wanted to head home she would call them as soon as he woke up.

Isaac of course, was not going to leave, which also meant Scott wasn't leaving. Theo didn't leave either, they both assumed it was because he didn't really have anywhere to go, but they were very very wrong.

"Hey mom, can I talk to you a minute?" Scott asked, pulling his mother out of the room into the hall.

"Of course, what is it?"

"Okay, now I understand this is very strange to ask, but I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't really important. The guy in there, Theo, they guys we were fighting, captured him, and killed his family." Mellissa's faced turned empathetic, "I just- I know we have a spare room, I was hoping you'd let him stay with us, for the foreseeable future." Scott put on a hopeful smile.

"Of course, Scott," she paused, "You're dating Isaac right?" Scoot blushed but nodded, "Okay just making sure. Yes, that is definitely okay."

Scott hugged her then turned to go back into the room. Theo was standing in the corner leaning against the wall, relief in his eyes. Isaac was sitting in a chair next to the bed, holding Liam's hand. Scott just crouched over by Isaac placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

'You need to sleep."

"I know" Isaac sighed, "In a minute."

Liam felt weirdly comfortable. He was warm and felt sort of... flowy. His eyes blinked open. He was in a dark room, but he could sense other people around. He sat up just a little. He was in a hospital room. On his right, Isaac was passed out in a chair, his head resting on Scott's shoulder, who was asleep in the chair next to him. He smiled to himself.

"Liam?" a voice said, it was strangely familiar.

He turned his head to follow the voice.

He was met with the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen.