You Might Want to Change Your Shirt

Liam was able to heal surprisingly quickly. He still had concussion symptoms, but it was mainly just the occasional headache, which he could easily just take something for. The gash on the back of his head had been stitched and was healing well. Even after Melissa cleared him to head back to school, everyone was still treating him like a baby. The day after he returned home, he tried to get up off the couch to get water.

"Liam, sit back down!" Isaac yelled when he saw Liam enter the kitchen.

Liam rolled his eyes, "I hurt my head not my legs, I can walk."

"I don't wanna risk it, go lay down." Isaac insisted.

Liam rolled his eyes and turned begrudgingly to go back to the couch. "Fine, but what the hell do you think I'm gonna do on Monday when you go back to school? Do you want me to just sit here and die of starvation and dehydration? 'Cause honestly I think that would be worse."

Isaac rolled his eyes, "Smart ass," he muttered.

"Fine, but seriously. What do you expect me to do when I'm home alone? Melissa said I'd be fine to go back Wednesday, but that means two school days worth of me alone." Liam asked genuinely.

Isaac was quiet for a moment before walking into the living room with a glass of water and handing it to Liam.

"Alright, fine, but I'm asking someone to check on you around lunchtime. Just in case" Isaac compromised.

"I'm okay with that," Liam smiled.

Isaac felt bad that Liam had to miss the beginning of the first real week of school. He hoped things wouldn't be too complicated so Liam wouldn't have too much to catch up on. When Isaac had gone to Liam's teachers, some of which were his own, and told him that Liam had gone to the hospital after an accident and that he wouldn't be back until Wednesday, they were all very empathetic and gave Isaac all the notes to give Liam. They told him not to let Liam worry about any assignments. Most said they weren't worried about him finishing them because of how early in the year it was.

Suffice it to say Monday Isaac was very on edge. He knew Liam could handle himself. He was sixteen, he wasn't an idiot. But he was also his little brother, and he always hated seeing him hurt. At least this time it wasn't from their father.

Scott could tell how tense Isaac was, how anxious and distracted. He tried to talk to him before first period started.

"Isaac, I can tell you're kinda panicked, but it'll be fine. Derek promised he'd make sure he was okay." Scott rested his chin on Isaac's shoulder.

Isaac sighed, "I know, thanks for asking him to do that by the way. I just wish I could stop thinking about it all. Don't get me wrong this whole," He gestured to Scott and whispered, "werewolf thing, is kind of a lot on its own. And then this Theo kid? Who has apparently been hanging out with my brother for weeks. Now Liam's hurt I just... God, I wish my mind would stop."

"Okay, well let's break this down." Scott suggested, smiling warmly, "One, no problem with the whole Derek thing. Liam irritates him like a little brother."

"He does that to everyone," Isaac smiled.

"Yeah. I can tell. Two, as for the other thing, it's a lot. It was a lot for me too, still is sometimes and it's been two years. If you have any questions you can ask me, just, maybe not here." Isaac nodded, "Three, Theo's been through a lot. I think Liam's probably the first person he's really met since he was nine who wasn't trying to kill him. It's no surprise he'd gotten a little attached. And four, Liam's going to be okay, my mom knows what she's doing. She wouldn't say he was okay if he wasn't." Scott squeezed his shoulder, and Isaac reached up to squeeze his hand.