He Likes It

"Liam.'

"Liam!"

"Li?"

Liam felt a stiffness in his back. A sudden sweep of cold air passed over him. He felt his body shiver. There was a sudden warmth around his shoulders. He blinked his eyes open, the world around him was dark, apart from the glowing yellow eyes that met his.

"Hey," Theo said, "You fell asleep, I didn't wanna wake you up so I just carried you back to the house. Isaac went to bed after I brought you in. I would have turned on the light but I didn't want to wake you."

"Thanks," Liam mumbled. He tried to sit up but fell back down immediately, "m'tired,"

Theo smiled softly, "Yeah, I kinda figured. You need another blanket?" Theo asked, watching as Liam pulled the one next to him on his bed over his shoulder.

Liam whined and rolled onto his side.

Theo chuckled and tried to get up off the bed, but Liam sleepily grabbed his wrist.

"Where you goin'?" He asked, without moving his head or opening his eyes.

"Back to Scott's, we have school tomorrow." Theo answered.

Liam didn't say anything for a while, but he also didn't let go of Theo's hand.

He sighed, 'Do you... do you think maybe,,,, maybe you could sleep on the couch?" Liam looked up at him sleepily.

Theo felt himself melt, "Of course, but why?"

Liam didn't say anything, just squeezed Theo's hand.

"Li?"

"I- uh- I just feel better,,, when you're here. Safer," Liam dropped his hand.

Theo didn't know what to say. Liam felt safe around him. He'd never had anyone say that to him, everyone always said he was a monster. But, he also never got close enough with someone for them to want to talk to him much at all.

"Okay," Theo said, "I'll just be downstairs."

Liam made a noise of acknowledgment and buried his face in the pillow.

Theo smiled softly, "Goodnight Li," He stood up from the bed and started making his way towards the door.

Liam yawned and responded sleepily, "G'night Teddy,"

Theo froze in the doorway. He turned to look at Liam, eyes wide, heart beating loudly in his chest. He opened his mouth to try and speak, but when he focused on the sound of Liam's heart, he realized he was out cold. Theo stood in the doorway for what felt like hours. He knew he couldn't stay there. He was tired as hell. He reluctantly made his way downstairs and collapsed on the couch.

His mind wouldn't stop racing. The only reason he fell asleep was because he physically couldn't keep his eyes open.

He passed out with one thought clear in his mind.

He'd never had a nickname before.

He thinks he likes it.

The most violently annoying sound rang through the room, echoing between the walls. Isaac reluctantly rolled over to the other side of his bed, turning off the phone alarm. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and groaned. He hated getting up early, but he had a test he needed to study for, and he stayed later at the clinic to help Deaton with some paperwork.

Tuesday was by far the worst day of the week. Monday's sucked, but at least you got to see people after the weekend, and teachers usually didn't do anything too difficult because everyone was so tired. Wednesday marked the halfway point, and they always went by fast. Thursday was just 'the day before the last day.' They were usually slower but the knowledge that the next day was Friday helped. Friday was the last day. Just a few more hours before a break for two days. It was most people's favorite. But Tuesday? Tuesday had no milestone or significance whatsoever, it was just another day, and far too early in the week to have anything to look forward to. Isaac hated Tuesday's.