New Friends... If That's What This Is?

After Isaac woke up, the rest of the day went smoothly. Liam told him about his excursion into the woods, choosing to leave out the part about the wolf and the strange group of voices that followed him. He told him about the path and the pond.

"Maybe we can cut back some of the plants, make it easier to get through." Isaac suggested.

"Nah, I don't want to encourage anyone else to go back there, I've claimed that spot, It's mine," The both laughed.

"Alright , well we've got things we need to buy." Isaac said, grabbing the car keys.

"Already made a list," Liam said excitedly.

Liam and Isaac drove to the grocery store they had passed on the way to the clinic the day before. It was a small local place, but it had everything they needed. Thanks to Deaton, they no longer needed to take furniture into their budget, so they decided to splurge a little.

"What did you say that was?" Isaac asked Liam, who was holding a spiking pinkish-red fruit in his hand.

"Dragonfruit," Liam explained, "Never had one and it looked cool. I'm not really sure how you eat it, but I can google it when we get home." Isaac smiled and nodded. They made their way through the rest of the store, grabbing everything Liam had on the list, plus things they didn't even think about, like salt and pepper, as well as some other spices. The person at the register was a very nice woman who seemed to realize they were new to town. She explained that everyone tended to come here, and she knew most everyone else by name.

Isaac smiled, "Yeah, just got here the other day."

"Oh really, are you guys going to school here? You look young enough, especially you." She pointed towards Liam.

"Uh, yeah, Liam here's a junior, I'm a senior." Liam waved sort of shyly at her, but smiled.

"Cool, I'm a junior too, my name's Hayden. Kind of a weird question, entirely off topic, so please excuse me, " Hayden had a quizzical expression on her face, "Do you guys play lacrosse by chance?"

Liam and Isaac's faces both twisted in confusion, "Uh, no, why?" Liam asked.

"Well," she explained, "I don't want this to sound creepy, but our school is pretty obsessed with lacrosse, and a lot of the best players graduated last year, again I do not want to sound creepy, but Coach has been emailing people all summer trying to get them to join the team, and even though you'd be starting late, it might be a good chance to meet people. I know when I first moved here a few years ago I joined the softball team, I met a lot of cool people."

"Oh, well, I don't know, we could think about it I guess, I don't think I could, cause it'd only be for a year, but I don't know, maybe you'll join Li." Isaac smiled at Hayden and turned towards Liam.

"Yeah, I'm not so sure about that, but yeah I'll think about it." Hayden smiled, she'd finished scanning everything, and they'd helped bag it all.

"Well, I'll see you guys next week when school starts hopefully, have a good one!"

"You too" they both called leaving the store.

They made their way back into the car, putting the bags in the back and climbing in.

"I think she likes you," Isaac laughed, "Bit of a disappointment when she realizes you're only into dudes."

"Oh you're just reading into it," Liam countered, "She was nice, that doesn't mean she likes me" Liam rolled his eyes, Isaac chuckling as they started their drive home.

Monday was a lot easier than Isaac thought it would be. He got up early enough to get to the clinic 15 minutes early, which seemed like plenty of time. Deaton was there, he gave him a slightly more in depth tour, had him feed the animals, and had him help with the animals that were brought periodically throughout the day.