Nights With You Are Quiet

"This seems a little forced does it not?" Mason asked.

"No, force would be making them hang out together, this is just going to heighten the chances of them seeing each other in a non-work setting, or at school when they both know everyone's waiting for them to do something." Malia explained.

"I mean I think it's a little weird, but Isaac's also my brother so I think it would be weirder if the idea didn't weird me out just a little."

"Yeah I agree. So. We already know Scott will be there sometimes. Now we just need to get Isaac."

"That won't be too hard," Liam explained, "I'm fairly certain he'll be all for it."

"Perfect," Malia pretended to be reading a book, Mason and Liam both looking at their phones.

Isaac walked in about a minute later, and they turned their attention back to one another.

"So really it's open all day, even late?" Liam pretended to ask the others.

"Yeah, it's kind of creepy at night but most people don't want to stay at school long enough to use it, so apart from the teams wanting to cool down a little bit, it's basically empty after school," Maui faux explained.

"What are you guys talking about?" Isaac asked sitting in the chair next to Mason, he smiled at him to acknowledge him,"I'm Isaac by the way,"

"Mason," he smiled.

"Oh, we're just talking about the school's gym, I feel like a lot of people just don't know about it, which I think is a good thing 'cause it means it isn't overflowing with people all the time."

"There's a gym? Like with weights and stuff? where?" Isaac asked.

Perfect, Liam thought.

"Oh it's in the same hallway as the locker rooms, I can show you if you want." Malia asked.

"That'd be great thanks, I used to use the gym at my old school all the time, I didn't know they had one here," Malia and Isaac both got up, leaving their bags, and making their way to the library doors. When they left Malia turned around and gave Liam a thumbs up, Liam returned it with a smile. Now all they had to do was hope.

"So, there's seriously never anyone in here?" Isaac asked.

"I mean there are sometimes, but for the most part it's just people pretending to work out after practice. The lacrosse team comes in here sometimes, and there might be a few stragglers, but if you decide to use it you'll probably be the only one in here most of the time. Although I use it too now and then." Malia was walking around the empty room.

"The lacrosse team uses it? So... like Scott?" Isaac had stilled slightly.

"Oh yeah, I guess Scott is in here sometimes. He usually comes in here between practice and work. He used to complain about going home just to have to turn around half an hour later and go to work. After school he's either in here or at the library." Most of that was a lie. Scott did come in here sometimes to hang out with the team, but he definitely wasn't in the library after school. And she had no idea what he did between work and school.

"Yeah that makes sense, no reason to bother going home if you're just gonna turn around again." Isaac was looking over the equipment in the room. Most of it was fairly new and in pretty good condition.

"Yeah. We might want to head back, school ends in a few minutes." Malia started making her way to the door, Isaac followed.

When they made it back to the Library they saw Liam and Mason sitting at the table talking to another boy they didn't recognize.