Let's Get The Hell Out

"Why exactly should we trust you?" Derek asked. None of them had moved in the room. "If what I'm gathering from this situation is true, then they only took him because of you."

They boy frowned. "I know." he managed to get out, his voice still sounding hoarse and rough. "I tried to get him out, I really did. But it's kind of hard to explain something when you can't speak."

"What do you mean 'when you can't speak'? You're speaking right now, not very well, but you are." Stiles countered.

"I can't speak as a wolf." The boy choked out.

"Well that's obvious enough, but why didn't you just shift, warn him then?" Derek sneered, his tone angry but his face still stoic. The boy shifted uncomfortably at his tone.

"I have a feeling if all of a sudden a random guy showed up in your backyard claiming to be a dog you've been hanging out with and that you needed to run because a group of murderers were hunting you, you probably wouldn't believe them. It's also kinda hard to shift into a person again when you've been a wolf for three years."

The room was silent. Derek's arms dropped, his usually plain face turning surprised. Scott's eyes opened wide in surprise, as well as Stiles' and Malia's. Isaac just seemed confused. The concept of werewolves was still very new to him, he had no frame of reference for whether or not that was a long time for that, but given the reactions of the people around him, he assumed it was. Lydia was the first to finally say something.

"You've been shifted for three years?"

"What month is it?" The boy asked.

"September," She responded.

"three years and... eight months." He settled on after some thought.

Derek was studying him. As far as he could tell he was being truthful. The time frame wasn't a lie. His claim of knowing Liam's location didn't seem like a lie. He was nervous, but he was also surrounded by supernatural beings four to one, anyone would be nervous. Plus being a wolf for so long explained the state he was in. His voice rough from not being used.

"Why were you shifted for so long? You running from somethin'?" Derek asked. He expected the boy to answer nervously again, but there was an almost monotonous tone to his voice when he answered.

"Yeah." Was all he said.

Derek was a little surprised, "What?"

"Them," The boy said, "the hunters."

"You've been running from hunters for over three years?" Scott chimed in. He was standing protectively next to Isaac, just in case this guy tried to pull something.

"No, just the last two months. I managed to escape the facility they had me trapped in after one of their leaders died. Security wasn't as tight."

"How long were you trapped with them?" Derek asked.

They all noticed the shift in his stance. Some of their previous questions had made him nervous, sure. But he was nervous before they even said anything. This was much stronger.

The boy hesitated before he spoke, "Since 3 days before my ninth birthday." He took a deep breath, "They murdered my parents in front of me and locked me in a cage." There was an anger radiating off of him now, "And my sister they..." he didn't finish his sentence. Derek could sense the rollercoaster of emotions radiating off of him now. This was definitely a difficult thing for him to talk about. His eyes had left anyone in the rooms, instead opting to look directly at the floor.

Derek continued to listen to his heart. It was steady with every sentence he spoke. He wasn't lying, which mean this boy had been trapped with a group of murderers and pyschopaths for almost seven years, and had his family murdered in front of him.