That Sound

Just like he said he would, Theo arrived at Isaac and Liam's house an hour or so after school started. He figured Liam would be a little annoyed if he showed up right when Isaac was leaving, although he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to.

He made his way up to the steps of their porch and knocked on the door.

"Come on in Theo!" Liam's voice rang from inside.

Theo opened the door, expecting to see Liam laying on the couch. However, instead he was standing in the kitchen with a bunch of random stuff scattered around the kitchen counters.

"Uh. What are you doing?" Theo asked, precariously closing the door and stepping inside.

"I," Liam said, smiling while grabbing a large bowl from a cabinet, "am trying to make bread."

Theo looked around the table, "I feel like most of these aren't bread related ingredients," He picked up a bag of chocolate chips and gestured with it.

"That's because, Theo," Liam grabbed the bag from his hand, "Those are for the crepes."

Theo raised an eyebrow, "You're making crepes?"

Liam nodded, "Yup, the bread has to rise for a while. So while that's resting, I'm, or rather, WE, are going to make crepes."

Theo paused for a minute, "You actually want me to help you?"

Liam smiled, "Yeah of course, unless you don't want to, but I think you might get bored sitting on the couch."

Theo contemplated it for a second, before joining Liam on the other side of the counter. "Fine, but if someone gets food poisoning, I'm blaming you."

"I can deal with that," Liam smiled, handing Theo a bowl of flour and salt, and a wooden spoon, "Now mix while I proof the yeast."

Theo watched Liam. He watched the way his eyes squinted when he laughed. He felt his heart squeeze at the sound of it, at his laugh, at his smile. Especially when he caused it. He couldn't remember the last time someone laughed at something he'd said. At least, something he'd meant as a joke. He liked watching him when he was focused, the way his face tensed, eyes squinting, and he bit the corner of his bottom lip. He watched Liam's movements, the way he moved suddenly but seemed to know exactly what he was doing. He watched him slide around on his sock on the wood floor on his way to the bathroom.

He felt his mind wander. And with it, his eyes, after far too long, he noticed his eyes resting on Liam's mouth, and he mentally slapped himself upside the head.

"Fuck," He thought, and forced himself to pay attention to what Liam had asked him to do. To mix and to knead, simple. Yet far less simple when you can't seem to focus.

"Scott" Isaac panted, "I don't think now is a good time."

Scott reluctantly pulled his mouth away from Isaac's neck. "Why," he whined.

Isaac rolled his eyes, but smiled, "Because, we're at work. And currently in a closet."

"So what, there's no one out there and Deaton left early 'cause of that appointment he had. We already finished everything. We could leave now and everything would be fine." Scott rapped his arms around Isaac's neck.

"Okay, believe me when I say I would absolutely LOVE to do this," he gestured between them, "but I also don't think it would be fun for the first time we do this," He did the same gesture, "For it to be here."