14| CHORES WARS

In the morning, Harper made her way to the Davenport mansion

In the morning, Harper made her way to the Davenport mansion. The pale blue sky was adorned with white clouds, the breeze rustling the leaves along the road, and birds flitting back and forth in the trees, signalling the start of a new day.

She reached the front door and knocked a couple of times. This weekend, she and Leo were planning to see the new Pig Zombie movie. Pig Zombie: Cruise Ship Massacre in 3-D - Hungry Hogs on the High Seas.

After a few moments, Chase opened the door with a wide smile, greeting her warmly.

"Harper!" He happily greeted.

Chase opened the door, letting the teenage girl inside. She waved at Bree, who was sitting on the couch.

"Hey." Harper greeted back, smiling. She then noticed the case Chase had handcuffed to his wrist. "Why do you have a case?"

Before Chase could answer, Adam came running through the front door holding a laundry basket. "Hey, guys. The neighbours are selling their stuff in the front yard. I spent my last five bucks on this whole basket of used socks!"

"You don't even weak socks." Chase pointed out.

"Hello? Sock puppets." Adam said as he placed the two socks on his hands.

"Well, I spent my chore money starting my hideous baby collection. There's Lip-Sore Lizzy, Pink-Eye Peggy, and limited-edition Triple-Chin Chuck." Bree said excitedly as she showed them each doll.

"What'd you buy, Chase?" Adam wondered.

"I bought financial security. That's right. Just me and my money for the rest of my life." Chase explained, gesturing to the handcuffed case on his wrist. "I'm saving every last dollar. Friends come and go, but money is forever."

"Hey, guys." Tasha greeted, walking into the kitchen. "How's it going?"

"Great, now that you're back." Chase answered thrilled. He jumped up and approached Tasha, with Bree and Adam following. "Money, money, money, money, money."

"Is someone cooking bacon?" Tasha asked.

"Oh, turkey bacon." Adam corrected. "I'm cooking it in my new bacon pack." He turned around to show the backpack with a grill on it. He used a pair of tongs to grab a piece of bacon. "It's a bacon cooker! On my back in a pack in case I wanna snack."

"Look, I'm glad you guys all love your chores, but you already did everything. You're going to have to wait until next week." Tasha informed the bionic siblings before she walked out of the kitchen.

Adam's eyes widened. "What? No, no way. I'm down to my last two pairs of spray-on jeans."

"And I have to get that Drooling Debbie Doll. She's part of a set with Barfy Betty." Bree quickly said as she held the doll. The doll began to vomit. "How cute is she?"